cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A drop from 100% to 95% in one single day. HOW?

johntatlock
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
41 of 51

>I took a look at your profile - it says you have worked 11 jobs yet you only have feedback for 7 jobs.

So whatever happened with the ones where you - for some reason or other - didn't receive public feedback (but maybe private feedback) will be the reason for your JS score.

Well, there's another thing. I've had feedback for every job I've done. The jobs count includes jobs that are still ongoing. I think that's fairly confusing too.

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
42 of 51

@John T wrote:

Well, there's another thing. I've had feedback for every job I've done. The jobs count includes jobs that are still ongoing. I think that's fairly confusing too.

John, I jumped to conclusions. Sorry about that - I didn't think about/consider ongoing jobs as you "obviously" have no jobs in progress...

It's difficult to deduce anything from looking at a profile nowadays - so many hidden pitfalls. I shall refrain from doing so in the future!

Ela

cristianadrianf
Community Guru
Cristian-Adrian F Member Since: May 6, 2015
43 of 51

I don't know whether somebody can ask this simple question, but: Is there any complex algorithm to calculate a certain JS, or all of this is about simple WordPress widget that takes random values, based on job/modules events? At least this is all I deduce from the thread, as I don't have enough jobs in my back on Upwork to test that.

johntatlock
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
44 of 51

> It's difficult to deduce anything from looking at a profile nowadays - so many hidden pitfalls. I shall refrain from doing so in the future!

Well, not really your fault, I'd say. That's the problem; all this information looks like it must mean something, but it's really hard to figure out what. In fact, the problem is worse than that; it looks like it means things that it plainly doesn't.

That's unhelpful to both clients and workers.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
45 of 51

They took the decommissioned Good Fit robots, dismantled them and then reassembled them in a different order- but noone kept track of which bits went where, so noone knows what the robots are measuring.

antorix
Ace Contributor
Anton C Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
46 of 51

Colleagues, I should say that when the JS was introduced, I got 88%. Then I decided to do something about it. I closed (myself) about 15 inactive contracts asking clients to leave me good feedback. Only 1 or 2 did. I also did a refund recently. So what was the result? My JS went 88-94-96. So I really doubt that closing contracts myself, having jobs without feedback, and refunding work against the JS. I had exactly the opposite.

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
47 of 51

I think I'll close some contracts, too. One person didn't answer to my polite request to give me a feedback. I waited enough patiently. Before mods tell me he probably isn't satisfied - no, that's just not true. He recommended me to 3-4 his colleagues. But, he's not online anymore and isn't aware how important is not to leave contract idle. 

Other client hired me, after several previous successfully completed contracts. He promised me new work but I didn't hear from him for months. 

Also, one another client who, after I asked him to close the contract, told me pretty clear if he doesn't send me work that week (which passed long ago) he probably will not have time later to send me details. He didn't. Now I have option to annoy him again, patiently wait, or close the contract by myself.

I repeat: these people don't leave contracts open because they are unsatisfied with my work. They just have more important obligations in their life than providing feedback across various platforms. 

Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
48 of 51

Lena,

I agree that you should follow your heart and close those contracts, and not stress too much about scores, because there really isn't the evidence that closing them will drag your JS down..

BUT

just bear in mind that if you close, say, fiv contracts at the same time, and none of them leaves feedack, then the first thing clients will see on your profile is five jobs with no feedback. That's why I tend to do it for every five or so good completed jobs, but I know also that it's a painfully slow process... there's no easy answer, but I do feel you're right by going with your gut and making a move on it instead of being paralysed under the looming shadow of the Dark Score.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
49 of 51

Colleagues, I should say that when the JS was introduced, I got 88%. Then I decided to do something about it. I closed (myself) about 15 inactive contracts asking clients to leave me good feedback. Only 1 or 2 did. I also did a refund recently. So what was the result? My JS went 88-94-96. So I really doubt that closing contracts myself, having jobs without feedback, and refunding work against the JS. I had exactly the opposite.

That's because you were lucky clients did not bother to leave feedback after you ended the contracts.

michal--k
Michal K Member Since: Apr 5, 2015
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS