cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fee to belong to Upwork if you don't get work?

sharron-timmins
Sharron T Member Since: Jun 29, 2016
1 of 5

Hello:

I joined Upwork almost one year ago, but have not been active in over 8 months as I did one small job for which I was supposed to get paid, but the payment was problematic.  As it was only for $10, I passed on the hassle of trying to get it.  Today, I received an email saying there was a scheduled payment FROM Upwork of $9.00 through PayPal.  I'm am not clear as to whether I am finally getting  this money, or Upwork is chargine me money, but I see no payment from Upwork in my PayPal account.  

Can anyone clarify for me, please and thanks.  I can't seem to locate a 'contact' number for Upwork.

Sharron

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

Since it's $9, this would add up to it being a payment. You can't leave the money here indefinitely. They are sending you 9 bucks.

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
3 of 5

ye once the paypal hickup has been sorted.;-)

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Sharron,

I had a look and can confirm your payment method was credited with the payment you received for your ended contract. You can find this information in your Transaction History.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

If you are not working, Upwork charges you zero fees, whether you are using the site or not.

Unless you intentionally sign up for a $10/month premium membership, it is entirely free to use Upwork.

The only "fees" you pay are if you actually get work and earn money, and then Upwork retains a percentage of the money that the client pays for your work.

Most Upwork contractors never provide Upwork with their credit card number, never send Upwork any money, and only see money flow in one direction: from clients to Upwork, and then from Upwork to the contractor's account.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS