cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A forum to resolve the issues being faced by the Clients and the Free-lancers

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
11 of 25

You only think it works. Every tried clicking the "Email me when someone replies"? Did you get an email? Smiley Tongue

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
12 of 25

@James S wrote:

You only think it works. Every tried clicking the "Email me when someone replies"? Did you get an email? Smiley Tongue

Assuming that James is refering to the Community Forums:

It has been stated by mods more then once that certain functions of the software that is running the Community Forums (Lithium) have not been turned on.

Said another way, several "widgets" associated with the Community Forums have have not been set to the "on" state.

Among those items that are not turned on is the Community Forums email notification system. It has not been activated. Users can click and unclick email the radio checkbox to their hearts desire, but it won't actually do anything.

This is one of several reasons why you come across Forum posters who are fairly new, and who have only posted one message or thread. Most public or private forums will send email notifications automatically, and this is well known. These users think nobody responded, so they never come back to the forums.

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
13 of 25

Yes I was! Thanks for letting me know that it was turned off, I had no idea. 

I think they should turn in back on, just like I think they need to pin a post at the top off a thread. i.e. when you see 14+ pages of people saying the same thing if they pin the update from a/the Mod(s), maybe it won't be so bad,...but than again....  

Community Guru
14 of 25

@James S wrote:

Yes I was! Thanks for letting me know that it was turned off, I had no idea. 

I think they should turn in back on, just like I think they need to pin a post at the top off a thread. i.e. when you see 14+ pages of people saying the same thing if they pin the update from a/the Mod(s), maybe it won't be so bad,...but than again....  

It would seem the mods don't want to to do "pins". Myself and others went on about this a few months ago, and nothing ever came of it.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 25

@Pandora H wrote:

....It has been stated by mods more then once that certain functions of the software that is running the Community Forums (Lithium) have not been turned on.

Said another way, several "widgets" associated with the Community Forums have have not been set to the "on" state.

Among those items that are not turned on is the Community Forums email notification system. It has not been activated. Users can click and unclick email the radio checkbox to their hearts desire, but it won't actually do anything....

Fascinating. One might think that if a Lithium feature is turned off by the administrator:

• its user switch would automatically not be displayed or
  • the administrator would receive and act on an alert and an option to suppress the user switch.

But then that would be logical...

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
16 of 25

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

Fascinating. One might think that if a Lithium feature is turned off by the administrator:

• its user switch would automatically not be displayed or
  • the administrator would receive and act on an alert and an option to suppress the user switch.

But then that would be logical...

Best,

Michael

Welcome to the basic mentality of Upwork. Spock (of Star Trek), would take one look and run screaming for the hills. Which is saying a lot, if you know anything about Spock.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 25

Hi James and others,

As Pandora poined out, email notifications for the Community have been temporarily switched off. We are working to resolve a few issues to make sure the notifications are routed to users' emails properly before we switch the function back on. We are hoping to make it work soon.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
18 of 25

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi James and others,

As Pandora poined out, email notifications for the Community have been temporarily switched off. We are working to resolve a few issues to make sure the notifications are routed to users' emails properly before we switch the function back on. We are hoping to make it work soon.

Temporarily? I have been quite active on the Community Forums since March of 2015. The switch to the new Forum software happend a month or two before that. Since I became active, the  email notifications have not worked.

I have no idea where this "temporarily" business is coming from. I could, if I so desired, probably dig out the post where one of the mods said this function had never been activated.

Having said this, seeing as how I get very few emails from Upwork outside of "job" stuff, I can very well believe there is a problem there.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 25

@fergus M wrote:

Is there anything functional left to break?

Are you receiving your money?

*There you go then....

Are you tracking your time / are your milestones working?

* Not broken that bit then.

Personally I only lose my cool when my money goes missing... Not sure anyone around now can remember the epic days 3 (?) years ago when they separated the financial amounts and scores of freelancers had all their money end up in their client accounts? I said cluster-beep a lot ....

Yes, a few things are glitchy right now. It's irritating. They're working on it.

It's Sunday (well, technically it is Monday here but ......................)

Let's relax....

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
20 of 25

"Are you receiving your money?"

No. I had three milestones released last week and it isn't available for some stupid reason.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS