🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A fraud please help me
Page options
mohamed1abdallah
Community Member

A fraud please help me

So I worked with **edited for Community Guidelines** for four days as a Virtual Assistant 
 suddenly she stopped responding and ended the contract 
She just ended the contract even though everything was going fine and I didn't do any mistakes if she wants to end the contract that's ok but at least she should pay me for my 20 hours of working

I contacted upwork and they replied that there were no hours logged

and that's because the client didn't log any and the first week didn't end

I asked them to read the chat to see that she asked me for 4 days to work on multiple tasks

but nobody answered me from the support 

I sent another email yesterday 

they didn't answer and just marked it as solved 

She's a fraud and the support doesn't wanna help

I can take screenshots of everything 

I need someone to help me 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Amr:

You definitely need to stop contacting Upwork Customer Support about this. This has nothing to do with them.

There are some very important things that you need to do, if you want to succeed on Upwork:

- Stop contacting the client from this particular job.

- Decide right now that you will not receive any money from this job. Stop trying to get paid for this.

- Make a decision to learn all the things that you did wrong. Understand that all of the mistakes were yours. This is a GOOD THING. Because it means if you learn what you did wrong, you can avoid making the same mistakes in the future.

petra_r
Community Member

Amr A wrote:

I contacted upwork and they replied that there were no hours logged

and that's because the client didn't log any and the first week didn't end

If you had an hourly contract, it is not the client who should have logged the time, it is (obviously) you, by downloading the tracker and tracking the time you worked.

If you did not do that, you don't get paid, and that is not the client's fault, it is yours.

tlbp
Community Member

Clients don't log the hours that you work, you do. Visit the Upwork help pages and learn how to freelance using the platform. Do not do any more work for anyone until you have learned what steps you must take to form a contract and be paid. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amr, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with your client. The hours you worked on this project did not meet the Hourly Protection of the Upwork Payment Protection Program.

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members