🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A job posting as a recruitment tool and not a...
Page options
341d1d30
Community Member

A job posting as a recruitment tool and not actual work through Upwork.

Is it normal for a client to post a job, and instead of setting up freelance work through UpWork, they simply bring you on as a hourly employee with their company? This results in working as that company's employee and getting paid with no connection to UpWork. Does this violate any terms of service?

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Zach B wrote:

Is it normal for a client to post a job, and instead of setting up freelance work through UpWork, they simply bring you on as a hourly employee with their company? This results in working as that company's employee and getting paid with no connection to UpWork. Does this violate any terms of service?

Accepting payments off of the platform is a serious violation that will get your account permanently banned. So no, it's not normal, and it's most likely a scam. Flag the job as inappropriate and Upwork will look into it and refund your connects.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zach,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job post you're referring to. I'll check that further and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths