🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A job where the client sent 377 (510) Inv...
Page options
timevseev
Community Member

A job where the client sent 377 (510) Invites.

Hello, this is not the first time I see such jobs. Is it not prohibited and works without restrictions?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Screenshot_1.png

Upd:
Screenshot_2.png

14 REPLIES 14
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If it were prohibited, it would not be technically possible to send that many invitations. So, it is not prohibited. 

How does it work on the client side? He has already sent 566 invites. Did he press the submit button 566 times?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

It's just best to ignore stupid people and their stupid approaches to finding freelancers. Life is too short....

fsafner
Community Member

Don't waist your time. It's a bs post. Nobody could interview 500 people to choose the best one from the bulk. He/she could only looking for the lowest rate. 

8d1359cb
Community Member

alomost every client here is looking for ridiculously lower rates. I have seen post where they ask to fix up their Oracle Database for $5 and no its not just placeholder, thats their maximum budget, and guess what, they hired someone. 

NikolaS

Hi Tim and others,

While we won't be able to discuss the details or comment on a specific job, there are limits on the number of invites clients can send. Clients also have options to increase their job invitation quota, e.g. adding payment methods, or upgrading job posts.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, What is the maximum number of invites a customer can send with confirmed payment and upgrading job posts for one job? Tell me the number or limit

Hi Tim,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. Different membership plans and job types include different numbers of invites. Marketplace members get 30 free invites per job and Featured Jobs allows clients to send as many invites as they want, up to 70 per day, for $29.99 per featured job. Feel free to check this help article for clients for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
deardipu
Community Member

Tim, 

Thank you for this good topic.

I don't submit proposals for such kinds of invitations for the following reason: 

1. It underestimates the freelancers' quality. Instead of inviting 500+ freelancers, the client could search for 5 potential freelancers to invite by spending the same time or less time. 

2. The client may not respect your time value. Because the client is not concerned about his/her time let alone yours. Inviting a large number of people and taking interviews most of them is time-consuming. So if it is a fixed-price project, you may have a lot of troubles. 

3. It might be one kind of marketing or advertising post. So, your connects can be frozen by applying this project although connects are supposed to be returned if there is no hire.

Connects are not returned when there is no hire. 

Thank you for correcting me.

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

This is getting so ridiculous, I keep seeing these posts where they are requesting 99 freelancers to translate a website. All vague information. Why on earth would you need 99 freelancers to translate a website? also, they are payment verified.  

Community Member

Perhaps they expect to have better success of receiving non-spam proposals by people with unrelated skills by directly seeking out a large swath to directly invite. They still expect the spam, but they may get more non-spam (real ham?) than they would otherwise. And if it is a critical need, then spending $30 to actively select your talent pool and avoid reliance on both the algorithm that presents content to the freelancers and the luck of the draw of freelancers looking that day doesn't seem such a bad idea to me.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

In most cases, it is just spamming freelancers but you also need to consider the nature of the job and client profile. 

In very few cases clients do require a lot of freelancers to complete the project, I've seen posts with 3000+ invites from clients with 1m in spending that job did not require any particular skill just clicking a few photos and uploading. 

In another instance, i received an invitation for large technical projects where they needed lots of Google sheets experts, she sent out 275 invites and ended up hiring 75. Usually, if I received an invite for a job that has more than 5 invites sent I ignore it... but looking and client spending I responded and was hired I did not make much money on that project but there are others who made 10s of thousands of dollars! 

So you need to consider the nature of the job, client history and a few other factors.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths