🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A milestone was activated by the client w...
Page options
tinabvillareal
Community Member

A milestone was activated by the client which I haven't approved

Hi,

I have an open contract with a client. The first milestone was completed but the client did something that makes me more careful in dealing with him. He messaged me asking if I am available for another job. I asked for the details but he immediately activated the 2nd milestone. If I decide not to do it, will it affect my jss?

Thanks,

Tina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ma. Cristina V wrote:

Hi,

He messaged me asking if I am available for another job. I asked for the details but he immediately activated the 2nd milestone. If I decide not to do it, will it affect my jss?

No, unless it leads to the client being upset and leaving poor feedback as a result. I have a client who keeps doing that, I HAVE tried to train him to wait but he keeps doing it. It's a client I like working with though and I did manage to train him as far as understanding that I will get to his surprise-milestones as and when I do and not to try any deadline nonsense with me 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Ma. Cristina V wrote:

Hi,

He messaged me asking if I am available for another job. I asked for the details but he immediately activated the 2nd milestone. If I decide not to do it, will it affect my jss?

No, unless it leads to the client being upset and leaving poor feedback as a result. I have a client who keeps doing that, I HAVE tried to train him to wait but he keeps doing it. It's a client I like working with though and I did manage to train him as far as understanding that I will get to his surprise-milestones as and when I do and not to try any deadline nonsense with me 😉

Follow up question to that is, what if I don't do it and the client decides to refund the money, will that affect my jss?

Ma. Cristina V wrote:

Follow up question to that is, what if I don't do it and the client decides to refund the money, will that affect my jss?

what do you mean? If the client asks for the money for the second milestone back? No, that makes no difference to you JSS. The feedback does.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths