🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A payment made to your account has been rever...
Page options
saiakhil96
Community Member

A payment made to your account has been reversed by your client

I have been working on upwork from almost 4years and toprated from past 3 years.

This is the first time i got an issue with the client...

So client already deposited 400$ in upwork escrow before starting the contract. And at the end he said that he will pay $100 bonus for some additional work. And on may 7th he released the $400 which is in upwork escrow and also paid $100 bonus.. After 3 days i saw that $100 is still in pending.. I tried reaching client without any sucess. So asked customer support to write a mail on my behalf..Still no response from the client..

Now last week i got a mail from Upwork trust & safety team stating that due to concerns over clients account, for my financial security my account withdrawal activity is put on Hold (What sort of financial security i will be getting by putting my account on Hold?,,, And what my account has to do with concerns on clients account?). 

Now today i received a mail from charge back team stating that We are writing today to let you know that a payment made to your account has been reversed by your client’s bank. 

This reversal (chargeback) is a result of your client contacting their bank and asking them to reverse the payment for the following transaction(s):

- Client: XXXXXXX
- Contract: # XXXXXXX
Fixed-Priced Contract
- Amount: $400.00

What hurt me more is a statement like We have carefully reviewed your work activity and determined that the work billed does not qualify for Upwork Payment Protection. This is because your account has been suspended. I was working with multiple times and while working this client also there is no problem with my account. It was last week when my account was put on hold.. So how does the $100 paid on may 7th doesnt qualify for upwork payment protection?

Anyway i can understand that upwork wont be able to pay untill client pays..

But what protection is upwork offering in the name of upwork payment protection when a client can charge back (Reverse transaction) his card after 20 days of paying. $400 is not a less amount, i worked that day without sleeping as the client wanted the work to be completed within 5 hours.

So now in upwork do we have any payment proection? When client can chargeback at any time...

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

SaiAkhil V wrote:

I have been working on upwork from almost 4years and toprated from past 3 years.

This is the first time i got an issue with the client...

So client already deposited 400$ in upwork escrow before starting the contract. And at the end he said that he will pay $100 bonus for some additional work. And on may 7th he released the $400 which is in upwork escrow and also paid $100 bonus.. After 3 days i saw that $100 is still in pending.. I tried reaching client without any sucess. So asked customer support to write a mail on my behalf..Still no response from the client..

Now last week i got a mail from Upwork trust & safety team stating that due to concerns over clients account, for my financial security my account withdrawal activity is put on Hold (What sort of financial security i will be getting by putting my account on Hold?,,, And what my account has to do with concerns on clients account?). 

Now today i received a mail from charge back team stating that We are writing today to let you know that a payment made to your account has been reversed by your client’s bank. 

This reversal (chargeback) is a result of your client contacting their bank and asking them to reverse the payment for the following transaction(s):

- Client: XXXXXXX
- Contract: # XXXXXXX
Fixed-Priced Contract
- Amount: $400.00

What hurt me more is a statement like We have carefully reviewed your work activity and determined that the work billed does not qualify for Upwork Payment Protection. This is because your account has been suspended. I was working with multiple times and while working this client also there is no problem with my account. It was last week when my account was put on hold.. So how does the $100 paid on may 7th doesnt qualify for upwork payment protection?

Anyway i can understand that upwork wont be able to pay untill client pays..

But what protection is upwork offering in the name of upwork payment protection when a client can charge back (Reverse transaction) his card after 20 days of paying. $400 is not a less amount, i worked that day without sleeping as the client wanted the work to be completed within 5 hours.

So now in upwork do we have any payment proection? When client can chargeback at any time...

hmmm interesting. Sounds like a chargeback happened. Out of curiosity, was the bonus work part of the scope? It seems weird to have a full scope, escrow $400 and offer $100 bonus as part of the scope. Did they add on the $100 at the end or something?

I didnt understood what you exactly asked...

But to give some clarity...

Now the escrow 400$ which was paid is being charged back ..

The other 100$ which is paid as bonus is still in pending state..

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SaiAkhil,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this contract. While I can't share details about this case for privacy reasons, I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members