cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A real life story of why mad robots are killing my opportunities

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 14

Hi Suzanne,

Having a long-term contract with consistent work and payments is good and will benefit freelancer's Job Success score. There is nothing wrong with focusing on such job and not accepting other offers. I was referring to long periods of inactivity on an open contract.

You can refer to Garnor's post on this thread from May 1st for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
12 of 14

@Valeria K wrote:

We have had a confimation from the team before that a job being paused does not specifically affect the Job Success score. While very long periods of inactivity on jobs are not good, there is nothing wrong with pausing a contract and resuming it later once more work is available.

Valeria,

OK, that's good to know. It's good to know that you know it and the team confirms it. I'm not quite parsing "...are not good, there is nothing wrong with..." Suppose, for example "once more work is available" happens to be after a "very long period[] of inactivity"? [Answered, I think.]

My original question, though, was how do we find these things out? Yes, we can keep raising the same questions and misconceptions time and again, and wear out your fingers answering and correcting, or referring us back to earlier forum posts. Wouldn't it be in everyone's interest to collate what has been revealed about Job Success scores for reference, and add it to site documentation? Perhaps such a page exists. I have not found one, nor been directed to one.

Thanks and best,

Michael

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 14

Hi Michael,

I totally agree with you. Currently we have this help article with some information about how Job Success score is calculated. Additionally, our team is working on adding more details about what does and what does not affect Job success score.

Stay tuned.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
14 of 14

Thanks, Valeria, for the link and the promise!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS