🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A suspect mail received from Upwork
Page options
vipulnandan
Community Member

A suspect mail received from Upwork

I received a mail today apparently from Upwork but it isn't formatted correctly and looks suspicious. Also from the content I understand it's an invite to apply for Expert-Vetted however, I couldn't find the exact phrase "expert-vetted" and the features highlighted in the mail don't align exactly as is laid out in the support article for it. So I have 2 queries:

1. Is this a genuine Upwork email? If yes, I think the UW team needs to work on the formatting. I pressed the show image but the content was still clipped making it look suspicious

2. if genuine, is this an invite to expert-vetted program? If yes, it's still not worded accurately because the CTA says "Apply for Certification" rather than "Accept Invitation". Seeing as this is a invitation only program, it should be indicated likewise.

If this isn't referring to this program, am I missing something? 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipul,

I can confirm that this email is sent by us and it's legit. This is not an Expert-vetted invite but the invite to Upwork Skill Certification. You can check this help article and see this announcement for more information

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it is still showing that way on your end? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipul,

I can confirm that this email is sent by us and it's legit. This is not an Expert-vetted invite but the invite to Upwork Skill Certification. You can check this help article and see this announcement for more information

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it is still showing that way on your end? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt clarification Bojan! I'll look into the skill certification program.

For the mail formatting I doubt this is on my end. Tried it in 4 applications across 2 devices. Screenshots attached.

Thank you for following up with additional information, Vipul. I'll be sure to share this with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members