🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A timer job that I've completed and after...
Page options
abdullah_420
Community Member

A timer job that I've completed and after completion my client threating me and asked for refund

About 3 weeks ago a client hired me at a timer job and we were cleared about all instructions and it was going good and now after 3 weeks my client paused the contract and blamed me that I've used timer without his permission and doing a job that was not required as the job description. During these weeks we have discussed about our project and I continued my job and he knows about that. When he got a warm lead he came and asked for all 3 weeks refund. I've withdrawn that Dollars ae his money back my profile has been suspended - Is that true that my profile has been suspended if I didn't gave his money back? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Abdullah,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your client. Please note that your client can file a dispute for the hours you've logged Please note that your client can file a dispute for the hours you've logged during the previous work week. You can choose to accept the dispute and have all disputed hours refunded to the client. Alternatively, you can reject it, and then Upwork’s Mediation Team will review the Work Diary against the terms of Upwork Hourly Protection. Make sure you respond to the dispute because if you don't respond within 3 business days your client will be refunded for all of the disputed hours automatically. For more information about the process, please see this help article.

The client can also request a refund and you can decide to approve it or not. It’s best to communicate with your client directly to sort out any issues.

*Edited for clarity.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Abdullah,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your client. Please note that your client can file a dispute for the hours you've logged Please note that your client can file a dispute for the hours you've logged during the previous work week. You can choose to accept the dispute and have all disputed hours refunded to the client. Alternatively, you can reject it, and then Upwork’s Mediation Team will review the Work Diary against the terms of Upwork Hourly Protection. Make sure you respond to the dispute because if you don't respond within 3 business days your client will be refunded for all of the disputed hours automatically. For more information about the process, please see this help article.

The client can also request a refund and you can decide to approve it or not. It’s best to communicate with your client directly to sort out any issues.

*Edited for clarity.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Please note that your client can file a dispute for the hours you've logged. You can choose to accept the dispute and have all disputed hours refunded to the client. Alternatively, you can reject it, and then Upwork’s Mediation Team will review the Work Diary 

The client can no longer file a dispute for any hours tracked earlier than this current week because the dispute deadline for any hours logged before this current week expired Friday night at midnight UTC.

The client can only ask for mediation which is non-binding. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths