cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A warning to freelancers

Charles W Member Since: Apr 11, 2015
21 of 23

I won't lie that reading so many of these threads is very troubling for me.  I'm very new to the oDesk platform, however I am already seeing the issues that this connects system creates.  Because I am so limited in how many I have to use, per month, I have to be incredibly choosy on which jobs I apply for.  Even with me learning quickly to gloss over most jobs that are from an unreviewed client(although not all of them) as well as those without a verified payment method, I have simply not had much luck.

My profile and cover letters are very up front about my availability to be contacted, and while I understand I should not expect every potentional client to interview me the current ratio is something of a problem.

I'm just uncertain what someone in my position can even really do, as at the rate I've been applying I will have burned through my alloted connects before the month is done.  Or have become so wary of using them that I may miss several opportunities for work.

Maria G Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
22 of 23

My thoughts exactly. This system is beyond frustratiing! We apply for jobs to earn, and taking a commission is fair play, but paying to bid for jobs is downright ridiculous. Can freelancers do anything about this aside from ranting???

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
23 of 23

No   Man Frustrated

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS