Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADEMIC FRAUD --- Allowed?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
21 of 25

Hi Louise,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I'll be sure to share your report with our team for their review and appropriate action will be taken according to our internal processes. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Louise C Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
22 of 25

Hi Bojan,
Thanks for the links. I'll undoubtedly continue to report any academic fraud jobs I come across in the future. What does the "appropriate action" of Upwork's "internal processes" involve? It was unclear in your message. I am interested in following how this plays out in the future at Upwork!
Cheers,
Louise.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
23 of 25

Louise, many of us take this extremely seriously - even to the point of reporting it to the professor and/or Dean of the school if it can be ascertained. 

The problem is that whomever is screening the job posts at UW has little/ no understanding of what academic fraud look like.

ETA: this is an especially busy time of year for this, with the end of the semester approaching.

Highlighted
Louise C Member Since: Dec 9, 2019
24 of 25

Thank you, Mary! I think that if there are folks dedicated to screening job posts, it will not take much to learn how academic fraud sounds, looks or reads in these ads. For this reason, it seems to me like a decision to either take responsibility for (invest time in) or encourage (do very little about) academic fraud occurring through this platform. How sad to think academic work might eventually become meaningless.  I'm glad there are members of the community also concerend about this very serious issue.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 25

Louise C wrote:

Thank you, Mary! I think that if there are folks dedicated to screening job posts, it will not take much to learn how academic fraud sounds, looks or reads in these ads. For this reason, it seems to me like a decision to either take responsibility for (invest time in) or encourage (do very little about) academic fraud occurring through this platform. How sad to think academic work might eventually become meaningless.  I'm glad there are members of the community also concerend about this very serious issue.

I have beaten the drum so often about this that the "skin" is worn through. I always try to go to doctors and dentists who had to qualify pre-internet. Sadly - they are dying out! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS