🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ACH payment method
Page options
ifpulizz
Community Member

ACH payment method

I am in the process of setting up a direct deposit (ACH) method of receiving payments for jobs. I'm assuming there are no withdrawal fees for ACH. Is it true that the minimum amount required for withdrawal is $100? Or will I be able to receive funds using "Pay Now", even if the balance is below $100?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

I am in the process of setting up a direct deposit (ACH) method of receiving payments for jobs. I'm assuming there are no withdrawal fees for ACH. Is it true that the minimum amount required for withdrawal is $100? Or will I be able to receive funds using "Pay Now", even if the balance is below $100?

No withdrawal fee and yes, you can manually withdraw any amount as soon as it is available! The $ 100  is just the minimum for automatic (scheduled) withdrawals.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

No withdrawal fee and yes, you can manually withdraw any amount as soon as it is available! The $ 100  is just the minimum for automatic (scheduled) withdrawals.

Hi! In my case, I have just noticed that I have been charged $5 fee EVERY TIME (except for the very first ACH payment in March) when there was an automatic payment. I hadn't paid close attention after the first payment which had no issues. The automatic payment was set up to be made to a US bank and when the balance was over $100. I just contacted the Upwork help desk and am yet to hear from them. Can anyone explain what's going on?

Hi HyunJung,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ifpulizz
Community Member

If I set up a weekly payment schedule (every Wednesday) and there happens to be no funds available (or less than $100 available) on a certain Wednesday, would that cause problems such as insufficient funds fees?

petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

If I set up a weekly payment schedule (every Wednesday) and there happens to be no funds available (or less than $100 available) on a certain Wednesday, would that cause problems such as insufficient funds fees?

noooooo, not at all!

When I verify my account in order to set up ACH payments, two small deposit amounts have to be entered.  Does it matter which one is entered first? In other words, does it matter the order in which the two amounts are entered?

petra_r
Community Member

Ian P wrote:

When I verify my account in order to set up ACH payments, two small deposit amounts have to be entered.  Does it matter which one is entered first? In other words, does it matter the order in which the two amounts are entered?

it doesn't matter, no.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members