cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER FRAUD

Highlighted
Lori T Member Since: May 6, 2016
1 of 10

I must be a magnet for these! Here is another scammer. I flagged the job posting so hopefully it will affect anyone else. I was pre-emptive this time.....I told the guy up front that bank account info or money laundering is not going to happen. He blocked me faster than I can type it. I will include screenshots so everyone can see who and what it looks like. We gotta watch out for each other on here.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 10

Yes it's a scam. Congratulations on learning to recognized this do quickly.

In all seriousness, you ARE a scam magnet due to your lack of Upwork experience and your job skill category.

Once you gain experience, you won't attract scam offers any more.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 10

@Preston H wrote:

Once you gain experience, you won't attract scam offers any more.

I am not new and I had one yesterday. The health scam. Although I told the scammer I was going to report him (which I did), the job is still up. The scammer was active all day yesterday, and doesn't give a nmad who reports him, because he knows the job is unlikely to be taken down.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Nichola,

Although we appreciate your violation reports, we have communicated with you before about sharing information about violations you report in the Community, especially when the information is incorrect. I've checked and see the job post and client's account from your report were addressed yesterday by our team. I would like to ask you to please keep in mind our Community Guidelines in your future replies and remove the incorrect information from your comments on the other threads you've posted regarding this case.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 10

Vlad, the last time I looked, that job was still up, and so my information then, was not incorrect. And I was not sharing anything that the community does not already know. I have never mentioned names.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 10
Nichola, very often you can still see a posting although it has already been killed off because you were invited or have the direct link,and it takes a while for the system to kill all traces. I have also found that refreshing the page can show a posting has been taken down, as the seemingly still "up" version was loaded from my cache rather than the web.
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 10

Petra, thanks, you are quite right. I've just gone back to look, and I have only just realized this. 

I also checked the category, and that job no longer there. However, it may not be the same person, but there is another, right back there, slightly differently worded.

So, I expect it is only a matter of time, before another freelancer appears with the story. Watch this space . . .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 10

That particular scam must be on some "Scamming for Dummies" instruction site - there are 1000s of them all over the web, every scammer in the universe seems to try it...

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 10

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reporting this job. Note that I had to edit the screenshots you included in your comment since it's a violation of our Community Guidelines to post information about specific job posting violations in the Community.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
10 of 10

Ahm....I don't believe Nichola gave out any client info?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS