🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ATTN: Job I got accepted for was removed
Page options
1637bdc3
Community Member

ATTN: Job I got accepted for was removed

Hello Upwork, 

I received a message advising my that a job that I submitted a proposal for was removed due to not meeting the termos of service.  In addition, I signed a confidentiality and work agreement. 

Should I still do work for the client or should I stay put? 

Diggy 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian, 

It's very likely that the job was removed because it violated the Upwork Terms of Service. As such, it would be best to stop communicating with the client. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Do not do any work on this contract.

You will not be paid anything by this "client," whether you do any work or not.

And for future reference: Do not put "ATTN" in the topic header if yoyu create a new thread.

Thanks for the quick reply.   So do not do  ANY  work even if I signed a  Confidentiality Terms & Work Agreement?  And also if my editor emailed me my first assignment? 

mtngigi
Community Member

Brian A wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.   So do not do  ANY  work even if I signed a  Confidentiality Terms & Work Agreement?  And also if my editor emailed me my first assignment? 

What do you mean by "Work Agreement"? If the job was removed, there's a good reason for that. You do not have a client or a job. As Preston stated, do not do any work (unless you want to work for free). Did the client actually send you an offer that you accepted? Payment verified, escrowed funded if fixed price? Anything you signed is more than likely null and void if the job was removed. 

1637bdc3
Community Member

Hey Virginia,

Yeah, that editor was a punk. Looked really legit and made me feel stupid. Luckily, he didn't ask for too much information.   I feel bummed out because it seemed like a cool project  and I was really excited. I wasn't given any payment for the tasks I did.  I am not going to work for free . At that rate, I might as well continue blogging on my blogsite.   Thansk for reaching out! 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brian, 

It's very likely that the job was removed because it violated the Upwork Terms of Service. As such, it would be best to stop communicating with the client. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
1637bdc3
Community Member

Hey Avery,

Thanks so much for the  advice. I read the  "Safety First" guidelines.  I also discovered that my client had me sign up for this webste  and I cannot cancel my account on it.  I had to  delete my information on it but they still have my email address. I also advised the so-called editor that  I no longer wished to do business with him due to what happened on upwork. 

Thankfully, he did not ask for my soc # or anything of that sort.  It seems that  I might have dodged a bullet thanks to Upwork's intervention. Are there any other precautions I should take? 

Thanks  

Brian 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members