🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ability to see past proposals submitted (and ...
Page options
rozroz13
Community Member

Ability to see past proposals submitted (and their status) corresponding to a client

It often happens that some clients post the same job over and over again and it is a waste of connects to apply to that job once you have been rejected. It would be great to see a feature where, while applying for a job, I can see whether I have previously submitted any proposals to the same client.

11 REPLIES 11
JoanneP

Hi Ashish,

In your job feed, you will see the tag that you have already applied to the job. This way, you will know that you submitted a proposal for the job already. You can also review them by checking the proposals section in your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rozroz13
Community Member

I know that. But this ask is for different jobs from the same client not for the same job.
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestion with us. I understand the scenario you're referring to and can confirm there's isn't an option currently which would highlight jobs posted by clients on whose previous jobs you'd submitted proposals. Would you be able to share with me in a private message an example of this behavior you might have come across recently?

I'd be interested in hearing what other freelance think about this suggestion and if they would find it useful.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you for following up.

I actually thought of this while applying for a job and realised I had applied for another job of that client in the past and had been rejected for some specific reason even without an interview. So I didn't want to waste my connects there. Unfortunately, searching for that rejected proposal is too time consuming and hence this ask.

Here is an example:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I applied to this client twice without realizing that the first time around he just vanished on me after a couple of initial chats and didn't respond to reminders. When I chatted with him the second time I realized we had already spoken and that I didnt want to work with him because of his previous behavior. If I had had access to my first proposal (which was for a different job) I wouldnt have applied or wasted my connects on him.

**Edited for community guidelines**

is another where the client believes in swindling potential employees by stating a different amount on the job but when you chat with him on skype he claims he can pay less than half of what he quoted here. I have already reported this to upwork. So if he posts another job in the future and I don't remember my history with him, I may apply and run into the same problem.

The whole point for this ask is to be efficient on the basis of one's own personal history with a potential client. 

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for the additional information. I apologize for misunderstanding your question earlier. I'll be sure to bring this up with our team so that they can review it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rozroz13
Community Member

Thanks!

Here is a great example that I just found while applying for a job. So **Edited for Community Guidelines** is what I was thinking of applying for - it looked like a good fit. Out of curiosity, I went into the client's history and saw a related job **Edited for Community Guidelines** and was surprised to learn I had applied for that a year ago **Edited for Community Guidelines**! I didn't remember because the client never even responded to my application and I personally don't like such clients. I would have made the same mistake again had I not looked at the history. 

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for following up on this. We already shared your feedback with the team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
elitegra
Community Member

I think is a good idea!!! 

This has crossed my mind in the past as well. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ashish R wrote:

It often happens that some clients post the same job over and over again and it is a waste of connects to apply to that job once you have been rejected. It would be great to see a feature where, while applying for a job, I can see whether I have previously submitted any proposals to the same client.

They used to have a pretty blue flag on the job posting saying "previous client". I have not seen it for months, but that was what you are looking for. It seems they discontinued it. 

Edit: or not what you are looking for. You mean before hire, right. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members