🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: About Auto Refund Money To Client from My...
Page options
yashvaghasiya
Community Member

About Auto Refund Money To Client from My Account

Before Few Day's , i work for one client on hourly basis for one hour to fix there site small bug. After complete job and everything i think 7-10 days, today automatically refund to client and i just got notification. What's the issue? Becuase i already delivered work and they also like my work but today i see it's automatically refund. Can anyone help to solve?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Yash V wrote:

Before Few Day's , i work for one client on hourly basis for one hour to fix there site small bug.

Your client failed to pay for your hour(s) and you did not track your hours in a way that would qualify for protection.

Did you use the tracker, had meaningful work memos and fair activity levels?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yash,

I'm sorry to hear about this. On hourly contracts when a client fails to pay for the hours logged by the freelancer and those hours don't meet the requirements for Hourly Protection, the payment may be reversed.

Our team will also be reaching out to you via email with more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I added manual time because it was small job and after that client finished contract, but after 8-10 days yesterday it's auto refund to client. So, that means the JOB i done for them is free fore them? I think this is not good, it was small job, if i it was big contract, then i may loss more amount?

Yash V wrote:

, it was small job, if i it was big contract, then i may loss more amount?

If you don't track your time according to the terms of the Hourly Protection, then yes.

Yash V wrote:

I added manual time because it was small job and after that client finished contract, but after 8-10 days yesterday it's auto refund to client.

It wasn't technically refunded because the client never paid it in the first place.

Thank you, Now i read the hourly protection rules. Now i will follow it. Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members