cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's True

Highlighted
Md. Ramiz U Member Since: Feb 8, 2011
1 of 11
Hello Odesk, I am really tired to answer the question when I am applying a job. This is really a time wasting. I think no needed to answer any question because everything there in profile(feedback score, no of job complete, working hour etc.) So, My request is please stop all the question in job posting.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Salve A Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
2 of 11
That's true. We would spend an hour or more to answer their questions, because some questions need long answers. That's true. Freelancer's profile shows what the Client needs to know. They could ask them in an interview anyway. Much better because they talk with freelancer at that time. And after spending hours in answering questions, and if they will not hire you, such a waste of precious time.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
3 of 11
I see your point here, but I have to disagree. As a freelancer, I really do believe that in most cases, questions in the job posting just gave me the opportunity to underline my skills, and more chances to get hired. Sometimes clients just don't have the time to check each applicant's profile, so they prefer to ask questions in order to pick up 3-4 good candidates. Only then they will check out their profile and make a final decision. If you don't have the time (or you don't bother) to answer questions, you don't really have to apply for a job. Moreover, answering questions during an interview doesn't mean you're getting automatically hired, anyway... and sometimes interviews are not so quick, you know... but dealing with questions and concerns is part of the game. Am I so wrong about that?
“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 11
"We would spend an hour or more to answer their questions," Really?? if so, either they are extremely focused questions demanding complex answers to assess specific competencies- or you must be really struggling to answer what they're asking.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 11
The screening questions are OK and I don't mind answering them if they're relevant.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
6 of 11

I don't mind the "relevent" questions. But I've came across a couple that got a bit more personal then I like. Example: What is your morning routine? That's nobody's business unless I am late to work.

I do however, hate the "how would you manage this project" question, as my skill niche IS project management, and I have to really reign in my  impluse to be overly verbose when I see that question.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
7 of 11

Saying 'What is your morning routine?' does sound rather nosy. They need to rephrase that.

Highlighted
Gagan G Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
8 of 11

Hello, i got my work done and client marked the project done and gave feedback  but it is not showing on my profile, please help me 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 11

Hi Gagan,

As long as there was at least $1 paid on the contract it should show in your Work History. If it was an hourly contract, it will not show until the first payment is made. Also note that it may take up to 12 hours for your profile to update and display the new contract.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
10 of 11

They are most irelevant when there is literally one sentence  job description like "I need a mechanical engineer" and an additional question "what is most challenging part of this project?"....

I do it simple when relevant - either coping some portion from cover letter just to highlight things or adding couple sentences or  even using that portion to ask some questions to the client in order to clarify things.

On my experience here it was just one time when I had to write bit more since potential client was asking a very specific questions (the type of technical questions you normally do not put in the cover letter body). I really was pleased to communicate with such a client.

In general I agree with idea that that there is a portfolio, there is a cover letter, there are feedbacks and history and if clienf is serious about the posted job and selecting right freelancer he/she should give more time to go deeper into freelancers profile. $5 - $10 "clients" of course do not do that.

Oh, just paid attention when the topic was opened.... 

Sorryyyyy.... 

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS