🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About Refunds
Page options
5cc27aef
Community Member

About Refunds

Both I am my client are new to upwork, I created a final milestone to close out the contract and added the remaining unfunded amount for a fixed contract. Both the client and I did not understand that the final amount would be added when the client ended the contract so now the client has overpaid. I contacted the client who reqested only a portion of the overpayment be refunded because the client would like to give me a bonus. 

My question: when I went to the refund page it looks like the refund will come directly from my escrow amount and not off the total of the invoice? Will upwork keep thier cut off the original invoice amount or will they share in 20% of the refund amount? Please Advise

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Please don't do anything at all for the moment! 

Michael D wrote:

My question: when I went to the refund page it looks like the refund will come directly from my escrow amount and not off the total of the invoice? Will upwork keep thier cut off the original invoice amount or will they share in 20% of the refund amount? Please Advise

Yes, the refund will come from your available or pending balance.

No, Upwork will refund their cut as well.

You can simply edit the refund amount to the sum the client has overpaid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Please don't do anything at all for the moment! 

Michael D wrote:

Yes, the refund will come from your available or pending balance.

No, Upwork will refund their cut as well.

You can simply edit the refund amount to the sum the client has overpaid.

5cc27aef
Community Member

Thanks, very helpful!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members