cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About account login from 2 computers

kibria_raihan
Raihan K Member Since: Sep 7, 2012
1 of 10
Hi all, I am freelancing and also an Employer. I have two computers in my home and office. Can I use this two computers for my account login (Same account). IP is different. I always log out my account after the end of purpose. Thanks.
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
2 of 10
the simplest answer to your question: yes, you can use two different computers for your account login but not at the same time. therefore, you cannot work on two different projects from two different clients using two different computers under the same login at the same time.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
huydangit
Huy D Member Since: Sep 6, 2017
3 of 10

Hi, I have problem with desktop app. 

I am working on housely project, but more one dev working on it.
So how can add another upwork account to use desktop app log work? or another way to process this problem.

Looking for the answer.

Thank you and best regards.
Huy.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 10

You can't. You're actually not supposed to outsource hourly projects and even if you got away with it the customer is supposed to know that work is getting outsourced.

You're probably getting into trouble now, but the only way to do it is to get a quote from someone and pass the cost to the customer in a flat rate contract.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 10

Hi Huy, 

Please know that while subcontracting is allowed, other user's are not allowed to log time on a freelancer's hourly contract or submit work on their behalf on fixed-price contracts as this is ToS violation.

A freelancer can subcontract outside of Upwork but they need to make the client aware of it, and promise to the client (in Section 8.2 of the User Agreement) to comply with all laws. In turn, the client should have agreed to the setup.

The freelancer is 100% responsible for the product they deliver and has to comply with all laws when they use independent contractors or employees to work on his contracts.

~ Avery
Upwork
zenith_m
Rosemary K Member Since: Aug 13, 2020
6 of 10

Hi,

Does this mean one cannot work for two hourly jobs, from different clients, at the same time but using different devices/laptops?

i.e client 1 : 8am - 5pm

client 2: 3 pm - 11pm   

Can they be sharing some hours? Or can I work on the projects but with different devices?

Thanks,

R.E.K

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 10

Hi Rosemary,

I would like to confirm that tracking your time on 2 contracts at the same time is not possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
zenith_m
8 of 10

Hello Goran,

Thank you for the response.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 10

Rosemary K wrote:

Does this mean one cannot work for two hourly jobs, from different clients, at the same time but using different devices/laptops?

i.e client 1 : 8am - 5pm

client 2: 3 pm - 11pm   

Can they be sharing some hours?

How do you think your clients would feel about you working for someone else while they pay you to work for them?

zenith_m
10 of 10

Hello Petra,

It's not the best feeling.

However, I was just asking for basic knowledge and to avoid violating Upwork ToS in the future.

Thanks.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS