Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About clients and payments

imenetalk
Ace Contributor
Imene M Member Since: Mar 18, 2016
1 of 9

Hello 

Before you read this, please note that the client I will talk about is very well rated on upwork (with more than 100 000 usd paid and hundreds of jobs !!! )

I am using upwork since March/April and I have got many jobs here in less than 4 months but I have one problem. 

I already had a client suggesting to pay me through paypal, but I refused, and they paid me on Upwork.

Now I have another client who is using a different software for getting the works done, and the software makes payments using paypal or payoneer... when I asked them to pay me on upwork they said the software is independent from Upwork.

I really don't want to have any problems with my account. I didn't get any payment but there is a thing I want to know more about, I have already read that some Clients pay Upwork in order to pay Freelancers outside the website. 

How can I know if this client will do it legally OR NOT? 

And what is the solution for this specific situation (a software that includes both jobs + payments)?

This client is very well rated this is why I am confused ! If they have made payments outside how it comes they are not banned from Upwork? 

Please, I don't want answers like "don't accept payments..." because I know this, and I have never accepted anything. I am looking for an explanation! 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 9

jesus people. Why do people think it's so hard to say no? 

"My softwar pays through paypal"

Well, we have come to an impasse. 

duh

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
3 of 9

Are you reporting these clients?  Upwork can't really take action if no one reports them.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 9

Why why why?

Why is the sky blue?

Who cares?

You need to make a choice:

1) I want to pose philosophical questions and figure this client out.

or

2) I want to keep my Upwork account safe, continue my ability to earn money here, and stay completely away from somebody who asked me to accept payment off platform.

imenetalk
Ace Contributor
5 of 9
If it's easy to say no, then why isn't it easy for upwork to close these clients accounts??
imenetalk
Ace Contributor
6 of 9
So you think they have never got a report? With hundreds of jobs posted and hundreds of hours paid??
csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
7 of 9

I have no way of knowing.  The important thing is that you report them.  I think it's all you can do at this point.

imenetalk
Ace Contributor
8 of 9
Thank you Christy, Preston and Jennifer.

But I didn't like they way you answered me Smiley Happy

If I am asking it doesn't mean I am a joke.

I will never bother anyone here Smiley Happy

Good luck
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 9

You're asking if your account will be OK if you take payments on PayPal and if the client is legit. Think for a second. Just think. You know the answer. Use your brain and apply your decision to your answer to the client.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS