🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About meetings with clients
Page options
baidwanp
Community Member

About meetings with clients

Hi, 

I am new to upwork. So far I have only done fixed price projects. I have just got  new project which will be charged on hourly basis. The project has not yet started but when it starts it will be on hourly basis. There are initial calls scheduled to discuss about understanding of the project with the client.

I want to know the following:

1. When client calls for regular meeting is that also considered to be included in the hourly charge?

2. In my case the project hasn't started fully, but there are few calls before the project scheduled so should this be considered as part of hourly work as the calls are laying the foundation of my work.

3. Going forward please guide if calls with the clients are to be included as hourly work?

Can someone please advice me on this. 

Kind regards,

Pawandeep

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Pawandeep B wrote:

1. When client calls for regular meeting is that also considered to be included in the hourly charge?

2. In my case the project hasn't started fully, but there are few calls before the project scheduled so should this be considered as part of hourly work as the calls are laying the foundation of my work.

3. Going forward please guide if calls with the clients are to be included as hourly work?

1, Yes. It's part of the work. Might be an idea to have a conversation about it with the client so they are at least aware, in the unlikely case they were not.

2. As long as you are hired already, yes. (disclaimer as above)

3. See above.

Personally, I don't charge for quick calls or communications such as responding to a brief email or a 2 minute chat. But scheduled conversation of any significant lengths are work and get charged, The most important part is that the client and the freelancer are on the same page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Pawandeep B wrote:

1, Yes. It's part of the work. Might be an idea to have a conversation about it with the client so they are at least aware, in the unlikely case they were not.

2. As long as you are hired already, yes. (disclaimer as above)

3. See above.

Personally, I don't charge for quick calls or communications such as responding to a brief email or a 2 minute chat. But scheduled conversation of any significant lengths are work and get charged, The most important part is that the client and the freelancer are on the same page.

baidwanp
Community Member

Hi Pedra,

thanks for your revert. My last 2 calls lasted for hour and half which was laying the foundation of the work. Since I am new to hourly rate I wasn't sure how this would work. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths