🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About moderators
Page options
rommelponferrada
Community Member

About moderators

moderators that has no active profile anymore but still gives community support.

17 REPLIES 17
prestonhunter
Community Member

Are you the moderator police?

no, just asking is it safe to ask support from them.

Rommel P wrote:

You can ask questions on the forum. It is not OK to send private messages to people unless asked to do so.

yes, Petra i asked this question in the forum and i did'nt send someone a private message but i did noticed some moderators that are not anymore active in the platform based in there profile. but still gives support to freelancers. that is what i mean.

Rommel P wrote:

yes, Petra i asked this question in the forum and i did'nt send someone a private message but i did noticed some moderators that are not anymore active in the platform based in there profile. but still gives support to freelancers. that is what i mean.

If they are answering, they are obviously active.

I think what you mean is that their profiles are not public to save them from people snooping into their profiles. That has nothing to do with not being active in the platform, it just means their freelancer profiles can not be accessed via the forum.

Martina P wrote:

Rommel P wrote:

moderators that has no active profile anymore but still gives community support.

Well, they are the only people actually paid to do that, as they are upwork employees. They have no profiles. 

Of course they do. Their profiles are set to private though.

actually its not private or profile hidden in public its says --this profile is no longer available, do you think they are upwork employees already.

like this: This is a client profileThis is a client profile

Then it is a client profile.

or like the one below

closed account or suspended profileclosed account or suspended profile

closed account, suspended (temporary or permanent) freelancer account

yes, Petra the first one you show a client profile.

Upwork moderators have a logo next to their name and they hava a label Moderator.

Capture d’écran 2019-08-01 à 15.20.47.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

thanks, Rene are this people upwork employees and not previously freelancer.

Rommel P wrote:

How is that any of your business? What are you actually talking about / asking?

Rommel P wrote:

As far as I know, they work remotely for Upwork and I believe at least some of them are freelancers, thus working for different clients. Maybe not on Upwork, though. IDK.

I remember even one Upwork employee who is/was moonlighting as a freelancer. He discussed this in this community.

I see people who work for Upwork being freelancers themselves or freelancing on the side as a good thing. That way they know what being a freelancer is.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi Rommel,

You can check this Meet Your Community Team thread and find out which moderators are currently active. Feel free to post or send us any of your questions or concerns and we'll be happy to address them. As Rene shared, active moderators would have the badge next to their name. Also, please note that like other users of Upwork, moderators can choose to have their profiles set either public or private.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Rommel P wrote:

yes, Petra the first one you show a client profile.

So that is a client profile...
What are you actually even talking about?

Rommel P wrote:

Why not? They don't have profiles because they are not freelancers....

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Rommel P wrote:

Well, they are the only people actually paid to do that, as they are upwork employees. They have no profiles. 

This thread should be called "The secret world of Upwork moderators."

Cat LOL

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members