Did you mean: 

About my Job Success score.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
1 of 27

screenshot_870.png

Hi there,

My job success score is 100% . But today I just saw its updated and now its 88%. BUt I dont understand,whats the reason.

I am so upset and frustrated. I just contacted customer support. without answering me they ignored me. Why they ignored me. I have screenshot. Am I supposed to share in here?

Its too much frustrating me also. Its very much rude behave. I didnt expect that Upwork customer support is this type. Sorry.

Again I contacted them and one girl contacted with me and told me my client gave me private feedback may be 1.

BUt My public feedback is 5. I have no idea if my client gave me public feedback 5, so why they gave me private 1.

If they have bad intention they will give me public feedback. not privately. .Its too much embarrasing.

May you help please. Whats the matter. What did I wrong. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Alex I Member Since: Jun 12, 2015
2 of 27

Hmm, if your client gave you a bad private rating and a good public one I think either he just wanted to do some harm knowing it will not be noticed, or you where just terrible for the job and didn't want you to get affected by his rating and gave you 5 stars in public. Either way, you should message him, and ask him to give you a consistent private and public rating that would reflect his opinion about what you did.

Also you should consider improving your english a bit.

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 27

Thanks for help.

I am trying to learn english. I am not native in English. Sorry for that.

How I am going to sure that whose client gave me this private feedback?

Thanks

Highlighted
Nenad B Member Since: Jul 30, 2012
4 of 27

My JS core dropped from 97% to 83% in several days. I'm speechless. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
5 of 27

images.png

Highlighted
Nenad B Member Since: Jul 30, 2012
6 of 27

I received a generic answer from customer support. This is becoming a bad joke. It's time to move on. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 27

screenshot_874.png

Last couple of hours I am not able to see my stats....................

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
8 of 27

@ All

More than likely the "My Stats" page is being worked on. Its that time again when the scores are being updated. Also some added information on JS score calculation is forthcoming soon (should be this week). So just a bit more patience.

@ Khadezatul

Sorry to hear you JS score has decreased. You should already have seen all the information in the many threads here, so no use repeating it. Your questions will be better explained when the added information is released.

@ Alex

Contacting the client about a potential poor negative feedback is not a good idea. It may be seen as client harassment. Furthermore that is the clients right, just as the freelancer also gave a private feedback. But the biggest reason not to, is that you would not know which client gave the poor feedback - if that was even the reason the score decreased.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
9 of 27
What I fail to understand is what prompts a client to leave a perfect 5 start public feedback and at the same time bad private feedback. What is the psychological reason behind this type of behaviour? And even more important, if they are so unsatisfied with your work, why do they come back and offer you another job?

I mean, It's nonsense. It has happened to me a few times and I don't know whether I should disclose the fact that I know they gave me bad private feedback or just tell them that I am busy or something similar. Do I want to work again with a client that damaged my score? Certainly not, why do they want to work with me again?

I would probably tell them that I am not available, I don't like conflict and I avoid it at all costs, but it's time for Upwork to rethink about how much power you are giving to the client side of the platform, before it is too late and find yourself with a shortage of good freelancers due to the stern set of rules you impose on them.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
10 of 27

Maria,

I guess it mostly has to do with the "How likely would you recommend this freelancer" question in the private feedback section. I think on the one hand clients aren't quite aware of the impact this rating can have on the freelancer's overall performance score, on the other hand I think this is a tricky question in general. E.g. let's say you've hired a freelancer and needed to sort of "train them", which turned out to be quite hassle, but since you put the effort into it and it worked out in the end, you keep hiring them for similar tasks from time to time, and it all works out fine. But would you still recommend this freelancer knowing that the person you are recommending them to will probably have to go through a similar hassle as well? Probably not. So you give the feedback good public feedback because you're content with the individual job done, but you give them a lower score in the private recommendation question.

Just one possible scenario, I guess there are quite a few more possiblities. Since I am aware of this, i generally give both clients and freelancers a good score on this question, even though in reality I would almost always have to give a low score simply because as a rule I hardly ever make recommendations in regards to people.

---------------

Setu,

wow, bit of a spoiler there! How about a hint - good info or bad info? Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS