🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About my dispute
Page options
polivnayaalina
Community Member

About my dispute

Hello.

I've done the client's work, but he wants more features.

After release, I allowed more. After more working he asked for more features for his project again.

I asked him for more money for more features. I have already sent him 3 versions.

It worked for twice the contracted amount of work.

He said he couldn't pay more and  I didn't complete his project.

He filed a dispute with me. How can I solve this problem?

How do I cancel a client's request for a refund?

Thank.

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Alina,

I checked and it looks like your contract is already closed. There are is no dispute or refund request related to that contract. 

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

Additionally, feel free to check these help articles for more information about dispute and refund requests: 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Your response was very helpful.

This is refundRequest from client, Can you check this url?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you Nicola.

Alina, the client behavior you described was very inappropriate and unprofessional. The client was asking you to work for free, which is a violation of Upwork ToS.

This contract is already closed. The client has no basis for asking for money back. The client can not give you any feedback. That has already happened.

If the client asks you for money, you should politely deny the request.

You said in your original post that the client "filed a dispute" with you. But as the Forum Moderator confirmed, you were mistaken about that. There is no dispute. That is a good thing.

If the client is simply asking you for money in messages or clicking a button that is asking you for money (a "refund") then that is not the same thing as a dispute. I advise you to say as little as possible and don't waste time with this person any more. Of course we are always polite and professional when we communicate with clients. But if we have already told a client "no thanks" once, that is sufficient.

Hi Preston.

You saved my time.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members