Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About profile pics

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
1 of 5

I google searched two freelancer profile pics tonight. They came up as descriptions and not names so this should mean they are violating the ToS right? Or am I wrong?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 5

Yes, Mariska. A user's Upwork profile picture must be consistent with a government issued ID picture. Please report these profile images to our support team, or you can share them with me so that I can report them to the team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 5

Mariska, do you mean that Google image search is returning a "best guess for this image" result of something like "face" or "glasses" or something? I've noticed that too. For instance, if I do a search on your photo I get "Best guess for this image: blond". Then, further down the page, in the "Pages that include matching images", I start seeing your photo on various pages. I don't think it really means there's a problem unless you see the "pages that include matching images" has for example half a dozen linkedin profiles with the same image, or something like that.

Edited to add: searching for my image I get the "best guess" result of "person". That's very reassuring, Google...

screeler
Community Guru
4 of 5

@Jennifer D wrote:

Mariska, do you mean that Google image search is returning a "best guess for this image" result of something like "face" or "glasses" or something? I've noticed that too. For instance, if I do a search on your photo I get "Best guess for this image: blond". Then, further down the page, in the "Pages that include matching images", I start seeing your photo on various pages. I don't think it really means there's a problem unless you see the "pages that include matching images" has for example half a dozen linkedin profiles with the same image, or something like that.

Edited to add: searching for my image I get the "best guess" result of "person". That's very reassuring, Google...

Hey, Jennifer

ya, that's it. well I'd rather get 'person' than 'blond' cuz now people will think I'm a dude!!! also not so great. lol. 

screeler
Community Guru
5 of 5

@Mariska P wrote:

@Jennifer D wrote:

Hey, Jennifer

ya, that's it. well I'd rather get 'person' than 'blond' cuz now people will think I'm a dude!!! also not so great. lol. 

And I found another freelancer pic just now with a photo that doesn't match any of the sites listed under matching photos.. I'm getting tired of this image searching and get to work. lol. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS