🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About the fixed-price application
Page options
a8f595fe
Community Member

About the fixed-price application

Hello, in fixed-price projects, when applying to the projects of the clients, when I click on the application button in some, a 3-item warning appears that I need to confirm. However, for some clients, this warning does not appear and I can apply directly. Why is this warning popping up for some clients? Does this have any meaning?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

luqman_mak_0-1683615750894.png

As Tiffany mentions, it only appears for fixed price contracts and does not appear for hourly rate contracts.
Atleast that is how it should be.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
iwan-spillebeen
Community Member

Hi,  without knowing what the warning says it really isn't possible to provide you with any valid insights.

Have you never sent a proposal on a fixed price job? It's about the relative lack of payment protection.

Last time was probably about a year ago, so what?  Even the moderator is asking for the warning message, it is standard practice when providing support.  The warning may or may not be about payment protection, you're just assuming it is. 

luqman_mak_0-1683615750894.png

As Tiffany mentions, it only appears for fixed price contracts and does not appear for hourly rate contracts.
Atleast that is how it should be.

Hi luqman,

In my own experience with this popup notice, it also appears on milestones too and this signify that we should be aware of escrow payment is there and is the only recommended for milestones or hourly job to help you when issues arise between the clients. For instance, if you completed a job offer and the clients fails to release a money to you or is not complying, the escrow department may look into it by sending the clients a disputes message. The money is saved for both the clients and the freelancer through the escrow.

So it is an option for you to procced with fixed price or go back to select milestones job offer.

Thanks 

ArjayM

Hi Emree,

Could you please share with us a screenshot of what you can see from your end when trying to apply for jobs? Could you also confirm if the warning message appears specifically on Fixed-Price projects? This way we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members