🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About the hiring and Interview process
Page options
lucky_surve
Community Member

About the hiring and Interview process

One client has sent me request for send proposal. I have send proposal to him. I have cracked interview.

He has give some references links to me or said are you able to do it.. I said yes I can do it. then he has send me skype details..and did skype call with me.. and explain project flow.. and he told me you can do this module if yes send me code I will check the code and module.. then I will hire you.or I will decide you are able to do this or not.

Upwork let me know is this ight hiring process. How I trust to client. 

I am confused about it. 

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Laxman,

Please let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

ok Thanks
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, it is not the correct process at all. First, you cannot contact clients off of Upwork prior to being hired. Second, the client is asking you for free work, which is also against the rules. Tell him to hire you properly through Upwork, and if he refuses, report him.

Thanks, Also I have asked him to first hire me on upwork then i will start
work.
tlbp
Community Member

Read about questionable jobs and scams in the New to Upwork Section of the Community Discussions. If someone invites you to interview for a gig when you are new to the platform, they are probably trying to get you to work for free. You need to understand the risks of the platform before you start working for anyone. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members