🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » About the waste of connects and invitation-wa...
Page options
niban
Community Member

About the waste of connects and invitation-waits

Hi Upwork Team,

I have been wondering about this issue we have here for quite a while. It isn't functional/technical issue but manual/handling issue I’d say. It’s like; the hiring agency/person keeps their job open even after they’ve already hired a freelancer that they ask for. So in this case, they wouldn’t require more freelancers anymore. The job is still open for application. On the other side, freelancers, without knowledge of the status, will be spending their connects by applying for the same job which practically is occupied or expired.

I was wondering if there’s any ways to solve this issue. Say like, having a reminder mechanisms to the hiring side to confirm if they no longer require job to be open if they’re not active for more than one day or so. Or, anything like that. I believe that this will save lots of cost for the freelancers, while add a value to Upwork and hiring side’s trustworthiness. The same could apply to the freelancers getting an invitation but not responding as well.

Best Regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Niban,

I would like to confirm that when a freelancer is hired, the client will see an option to either close the job or leave it open. 
However, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Niban,

I would like to confirm that when a freelancer is hired, the client will see an option to either close the job or leave it open. 
However, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

1. There is a reminder mechanism for clients. They can choose to close the job or not. 
2. The job will display the number of hires so freelancers can see if a hire has been made before applying. 

3. Freelancers' invites and their reply status are displayed on the Proposals and Notification panel. 

If freelancers choose not to use the tools provided, there's not a lot Upwork can do about it. Maybe the people using bots should add a line of code to check for the number of hires before blasting out a proposal. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members