cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About withdrawal fee

Highlighted
Iram S Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
1 of 15

I migrated from Elance to Upwork, I added my bank account here for withdrawal purpose, but I am not glad to see a withdrawal fee of $4.99 per withdrawal. I know Elance was also charging for withdrawals but the good thing was that they were offering a free withdrawal once in a month. Why Upwork is not offering the same 1 free withdrawal per month?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 15

@Iram S wrote:

Why Upwork is not offering the same 1 free withdrawal per month?

Because Upwork is not Elance and has different rules and charges. International withdrawals are expensive and have to paid for by someone. You can minimize fees by not withdrawing in larger withdrawals

Highlighted
Lilian B Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
3 of 15

"Because Upwork is not Elance" THAT is SO obvious !!!!!!!!! And So sad that we were forced to come here!

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Iram S Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
4 of 15

Oh, I didn't knew that "Upwork is not Elance". Come on , it was a merger plan, and Upwork should include all the features of Elance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 15

@Iram S wrote:

Oh, I didn't knew that "Upwork is not Elance". Come on , it was a merger plan, and Upwork should include all the features of Elance.

Upwork is essentially a new version of oDesk, with some changes etc.

Not everything from oDesk AND Elance can be included, and mainly the site is based on oDesk.

@Lilian B wrote:

"Because Upwork is not Elance" THAT is SO obvious !!!!!!!!! And So sad that we were forced to come here!

you were not forced to come here.

Highlighted
Marcus M Member Since: Oct 9, 2015
6 of 15

I don't know where you get the withdrawl fee from 4,99 $ ? I have made several withdraws here up to 200 $ and got never charged more than 1 $. I withdraw to my verified Paypal account. As I also had an Account at Elance I was not very pleased for example with them, because the waiting time for the 1. Withdraw was a few weeks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 15

@Marcus M wrote:

I don't know where you get the withdrawl fee from 4,99 $ ? I have made several withdraws here up to 200 $ and got never charged more than 1 $. I withdraw to my verified Paypal account.

Marcus, because various transactions cost differently to various countries via various different transaction types the charges vary, too.

Banks are not charities. They charge for services such as international transactions

PayPal is not available in all countries, and international transfers to different countries cost different amounts. The OP may want to check if Payoneer works out more cost effective taking all fees into account.

Highlighted
Lilian B Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
8 of 15

Yes we were.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 15

Iram said:

"Come on , it was a merger plan, and Upwork should include all the features of Elance".

It has been suggested that Elance was an acquisition. However, even oDesk is not Upwork. Upwork was intended as a complete makeover (hence all the problems), and the result has alarmed oDeskers and Elancers alike.

Highlighted
Alexandre R Member Since: Nov 19, 2015
10 of 15

With the merger, acquisition or whatever you want to call it, I feel like Elance users are going to be hurt in a few ways and this is one of them, saying that withdraw in Elance took weeks is just a lie, it takes 30 min top.

No other big freelancing website is charging for withdraw to paypal... which means Upwork is **edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS