🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Abusing the policies by someone from support
Page options
kalevski
Community Member

Abusing the policies by someone from support

Hi Upwork Community,
I want to thank you for reading this post and I want to hear where I have made a mistake.
My story:
I worked for a client (my first client on upwork) on a project where I was engaged in implementation of 2D HTML5 Game. Everything was fine, the client was fair and after successful delivery and 1 month testing the client come to me with positive feedback. I did that project for $150 only to start my career on upwork from somewhere.
After that I make a deal with the same client to improve SEO of the website, the website was developed in ReactJS and I rewrote the whole website for free to be static to improve score. The client was happy and leaved 5 star feedback, after that the client has sended to me an offer but I didn't agree on that because I'm Software Engineer with a lot of experience and I don't want to continue to work on projects where I can't use my knowledge and skills.
After that the conversation has became toxic and the client told me that she will report me on Upwork support, I was okay with that because everything that I have done was totally fair. After 5 days all feedbacks from my profile were deleted. I have asked the support for that and they have send me general answer where they have told me that the feedbacks can be removed if the client is not satisifed with delivered work. I was okay with that. One day after that somehow the client have leaved bad review on the closed contract. I contact the support for that and support has continue to answer my questions with some stupid general messages and starts telling me that the feedback can be changed only if I press the button to enable that.
I really need help because I have dedicated a lot of time on upwork last 4 months because I see the upwork as an agency where I will be protected and my plan was to invite all my clients that I have outside Upwork but I'm really confused right now about quality of Upwork.
My questions:
How my client can remove the feedback after 5 days when support tells me that this can happen if I agree on that ?
How my client after 1 day after removing the feedback wrote a negative feedback ?
Where is my protection in this case ?
Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We've shared this concern with the team and they're currently checking the contract and the support ticket you're referring to.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kalevski
Community Member

Additional info: All complaints by the client are that the game that I delivered 2 months ago is not well optimized. I have already done an additional profiling on that and have spent a lot of time on that, The game wich is Full HD uses 120MB and that is the major issue reported by my client and probably accepted by the support.

versailles
Community Member

Clients cannot remove already left feedback. Feedack is removed from your profile if you fully refund a contract. In this case its effect remains and a full refund has a strong effect on your (future) JSS.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene K. thanks for your answer,
The reason why I'm frustrated is that I don't do anything (I don't clicked the button to allow the client to change my feedback)

lysis10
Community Member

After reading client feedback, I think a little bit of the story was left out, right?

tlbp
Community Member

I'm confused. Does OP think that the client can't leave feedback after the contract is closed? 

Oh wait. Did he work for the same client under two different contracts and after he messed up the second one, the client removed the positive statement from the first? 

OP, clients can ask to have their written comments removed. That's allowed. 

kalevski
Community Member

Hi Jennifer M,
First feedback on the same job was:
Daniel has good work ethics and communicates well.
The feedback is changed somehow to:
This was by far the WORST experience I've had on Upwork. Daniel was introduced to me by Jovan Najdovski (who I initially had a contract with on Upwork). They were both working on my website. Initially all seemed fine but then they started to ignore the major issues. For example, the "completed" website wasn't working on most machines due to RAM issues yet they would insist that everything was working fine (but then offered me a $6000 solution, it made no sense). They would also log hours (and therefore try to get paid) without completing the work and then ignore me. As it stands, I've paid over $1000 for my project and it is not usable. Upwork notified them to get in touch with me to try and resolve this amicably and soon after that they disconnected the website entirely. Over 3 months of my time has been wasted. Based on my experience, avoid Daniel at all costs. I am taking further action which will cost me a lot more time and money but definitely not letting them get away with this.

Long story short:
I was introduced to the client by my friend, my friend was engaged to implement few HTML5 games, I was for the website & one game. The problem with the game magically appears after my rejection on the next contract. At the begginning I was thinking that I do a mistake with something and I spent few days in debugging, I sent to the client proves for the game performance but the client isn't interested to solve the problem.
About website: website is hosted on private hosting owned by the client, I don't have access to the servers after initial deployment.
About additional solution: The client requested me to sent a estimation for implementing same games using HTML and CSS. I made a estimation for all games to be rewritten.

kalevski
Community Member

Hi Tonya P.
Thanks for your time.
You are right, all feedbacks are removed.
I was okay with removing the feedback but I can not accept changing the content of the feedback after 6 days without contacting me.
I know that the best solution for me is refund and I will do that but I really need to know how I'm protected on Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We've shared this concern with the team and they're currently checking the contract and the support ticket you're referring to.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kalevski
Community Member

Hi Bojan S.
Thanks for your time, I really appriciate that.

Daniel K wrote:

I know that the best solution for me is refund and I will do that but I really need to know how I'm protected on Upwork.

Hi! Daniel.

You may want to note that, as you've already been told, refunding in full will do serious damage to your JSS.

Hi,
The issue is resolved by Upwork team.
Thanks to all of you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members