cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abusive Language

masterkingsley
Kingsley U Member Since: Apr 13, 2017
1 of 10

I was having an interview with a client named **Edited for Community Guidelines** by name and he asked if i can deliver a particular work in a day or two and i said "no, not possible" and he called me the N word. how do i approach this matter?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Kingsley,

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a prospective client. I found the conversation in question and will ask our team to take action against the client for using abusive and insulting language, sanctioned by Upwork ToS. Please stop communicating with this client and I apologize once again regarding the unfortunate incident.

Untitled
puicolorat
Ace Contributor
Andreea B Member Since: Nov 1, 2014
3 of 10

Wow! The client deserves a permanent ban for this. I hope that is exactly the action Upwork will take against him.

masterkingsley
Kingsley U Member Since: Apr 13, 2017
4 of 10

Thanks a lot.

I appreciate.

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
5 of 10

Kingsley U. stated:

I was having an interview with a client named **Edited for Community Guidelines** by name and he asked if i can deliver a particular work in a day or two and i said "no, not possible" and he called me the N word. how do i approach this matter?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kingsley, I'm so very sorry that this happened to you.  The Client is an idiot!  As I've shared in several previous posts within other threads, I definitely believe in karma.  Please take solace in that. 

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 10

That is unbelievable.  I hope he goes far away forever.  So sorry that you had to go through this.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 10

Some people are really idiots.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 10

Upwork needs to ban the supposed client - permanently.

booksist
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
9 of 10

It is actually great that they revealed themselves on time. At least you don't have a contract with such a person. I can imagine they are the kind of client who gives bad feedback out of sheer malice.

vdubeau
Community Guru
Vince D Member Since: Feb 18, 2016
10 of 10

Kingsley,

I'm sorry that you were subject to such abuse. The client probably figured that since Upwork is not an actual company where you could report him to the HR department that he was free to say whatever he pleased. I do hope that Upwork takes swift action against them.

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS