cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Abusive and unprofessional Client

Yash C Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
11 of 16

Dear Will,

I am moving on. Hope Upwork would have taken the appropriate action.

Thank you for your kind words and motivation.

Best Regards

Yash

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 16

Hi Yash, 

I went ahead and checked your ticket with the team to clarify the agent's response on your ticket. I would like to confirm that actions have been taken against the client's account, based on the information shared on the ticket. I apologise if this has caused any confusion on your end. 

The team will make sure to take corrective action so that we can be more clear with communications made through support tickets. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
13 of 16

it's a shame that Upwork would allow such a client on their site. It has been demonstrated by MANY negative reviews that this is not a client that ANY freelancer should want to work with. It's too bad that freelancers don't read prior reviews of a client as reviews are there for clients to read when hiring a freelancer, reviews are there also for freelancers to read when submitting their proposals. 

I know Upwork can't share what actions they take but I sure hope they take actions more harshly then just sending a message with something like, please be more considerate. 

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
14 of 16

Yash C wrote:

Hi,

I received the below message from Upwork.

"Our Marketplace Quality Team have completed have their investigations, and due to privacy and security reasons, they are unable to disclose the outcome of their investigation and or any actions taken against the reported Freelancers."

When I sought details again, I was told: "I understand how important this is for you, rest assured, actions were taken per our Terms of Service."

Well, the client is very much active and still accepting proposals from the freelancers. The point to be noted in Upwork's reply is "actions taken against the reported Freelancers". So by default, the action will only be against the Freelancers, not the Clients. As Clients generate business, Upwork won't take any decisive action against them. Probably the action meant admonishing the client that henceforth don't give any proof to the freelancers.

No other option but to accept Upwork's way of life!!

Yash, Upwork could have actually meant to state Clients rather than Freelancers.  At times I've noticed that proofreading is lacking.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
15 of 16
  1. Report clients who attempt to pay you outside Upwork. 
  2. Do not ask a client to alter your feedback in exchange for a discount.
  3. Do not continue to work with clients who become difficult and refuse to pay. 
  4. Report clients who threaten to leave bad feedback as a means to get you to perform free work. 
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
16 of 16

Yash, as Petra stated:  "...clients with a poor enough prior history are sometimes excluded from the JSS calculation..." and Will further elaborated on, I can assure you from a  situation I personally encountered that what they've shared is true.

Hopefully it'll all work out well for you.  You've gained some very valuable knowledge with this situation which will definitely assist you moving forward.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS