🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Academic Fraud
Page options
coderty
Community Member

Academic Fraud

A few hours ago I discovered that the job they had sent me is actually a university job.

Should I cancel, report?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Coderty,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to confirm that providing work for a student to submit under their own name for credit or taking a test on behalf of a student is not allowed. You may want to check this help article and Upwork's Terms of Service for more information.

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our agents already followed up. Feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further.Additionally, I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Yes to both. 

759e32fa

Hi Coderty,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to confirm that providing work for a student to submit under their own name for credit or taking a test on behalf of a student is not allowed. You may want to check this help article and Upwork's Terms of Service for more information.

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our agents already followed up. Feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further.Additionally, I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie Jane,

Today I was invited to apply for a job that really looks like academic fraud.  The biggest tipoff is that the job is a development project, was posted today, and includes the line "NEED TO BE COMPLETED TODAY - WILL PAY EXTRA TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN".

I did not see a "Flag as inappropriate" icon anywhere on the "job details" page.   There have been other jobs I've been invited to that looked like academic fraud, and I couldn't find "Flag as inappropriate".  Is that icon removed from jobs to which you are invited?

Thanks!

Hi Bruce,

Please feel free to send me a PM with the job post link so I can check it with the team for review. Thank you! 

~ Joanne
Upwork

When you flag it, one of the options is "job looks unethical or illegal" or something like that.

Annie Jane B.,

Please ask your programmers to add "Academic Fraud" to the dropdown of the list we see when we report a job posting for this reason.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members