🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Academic cheating
Page options
ivanstrug
Community Member

Academic cheating

I am curious why Upwork staff became much more linient on academic cheating since last time I was using the platform? I've been out for about 2 years, and back in 2017-2018, when academic cheating was reported (at least in the business section of things), there jobs were removed pretty immidiately. Now in 2020, when I report academic cheating (at there is a case of job posting with coursework questions in PDF attatched), job is still there for more than 24 hours. And I would not even mention a few agencies that are continuesly paying for academic cheating (just look at the job postings and the feedback) work? 

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

Thank you for flagging this here. I do understand how this can be frustrating. I would like to note that we do have teams and systems that help identify red flags if a user or a job post is fraudulent. However, I would like to clarify that there are cases where we are unable to foresee a violation based on a client's job post itself or their initial communications with the freelancer. We usually receive flags when the interview stage has already commenced, where the client explicitly communicates this (ToS violation) with a freelancer. In cases like these, the teams involved take action immediately against the client's job post and account based on the report.

If you have the time, you can send me the jobs, and agencies that you flagged through a PM so that I can follow up on your report. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths