🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Academic cheating
Page options
tlaust
Community Member

Academic cheating

I accepted a contract that was supposed to be an article but the more I look at it I think is academic and unrealistic for me to complete. I am not familiar with the subject or the research, and it is unethical. How do I get out of the contract?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roberty1y
Community Member

Every time I do a stint at my job feed, I end up flagging a few academic fraud jobs. These are cases where the clients tell you straight out that they want their essays or theses written for them. There are probably a lot more who are savvy enough to pretend what they want is an "article" on the subject at hand.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Tamara A wrote:

I accepted a contract that was supposed to be an article but the more I look at it I think is academic and unrealistic for me to complete. I am not familiar with the subject or the research, and it is unethical. How do I get out of the contract?

I'm flagging this for a mod to help you. Thank you for not actually committing academic fraud.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tamara,

Thank you for flagging this for us and for helping us keep Upwork a safe and trusted marketplace! I’ve escalated this report to the correct team for their review and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Make sure to check our Stay Safe series and learn more on how to work safe online:

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

~ Bojan
Upwork

For safety's sake I am bumping an old thread and an old subject that is still not being fully addressed. 

Anyway, FWIW the UK is going to try to criminlize academic cheating, how they will do this is moot, but for interest, here is a BBC article(s) about it:  https://www.bbc.com/news/education-58811822

Mods please don't delete this. 

roberty1y
Community Member

Every time I do a stint at my job feed, I end up flagging a few academic fraud jobs. These are cases where the clients tell you straight out that they want their essays or theses written for them. There are probably a lot more who are savvy enough to pretend what they want is an "article" on the subject at hand.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members