🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Accept or Reject Button for Dispute?
Page options
bithousestudio
Community Member

Accept or Reject Button for Dispute?

Hello Upwork community,

I recently had an experience with a client where I delievered the work, they changed their mind and gave me only 25 percent of what was originally agreed to. I didnt even know they could adjust the price after we agreed to a amount. Regardless, I opened a ticket because I completed the work and actually did a couple extra things to satisfy this client but didnt get my full pay. Well now on the dispute page it says accept or reject? but I havent been contacted. I dont want to click on something I'm not suppose to and possibly close or ruin my chances at getting my payment for the job I did. What do I do? Do I leave it alone? I've seen some posts like these on here but no one ever put a clear answer. 

Any information would help.

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Adrian R wrote:

Hello Upwork community,

I recently had an experience with a client where I delievered the work, they changed their mind and gave me only 25 percent of what was originally agreed to. I didnt even know they could adjust the price after we agreed to a amount. Regardless, I opened a ticket because I completed the work and actually did a couple extra things to satisfy this client but didnt get my full pay. Well now on the dispute page it says accept or reject? but I havent been contacted. I dont want to click on something I'm not suppose to and possibly close or ruin my chances at getting my payment for the job I did. What do I do? Do I leave it alone? I've seen some posts like these on here but no one ever put a clear answer. 

Any information would help.

The client has asked for a price reduction, so if you don't want to give him one, then you should click on "reject" (as in, "no, I don't agree to give you any money back"). If you don't do anything, then the client will automatically get their money back. There's more information about the process here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062158-Dispute-a-Freelancer-s-Hours?flash_digest=413...

That was the link if it was an hourly project - if it's a fixed price project, here's a link to more info about that process: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

tlsanders
Community Member

This is not the first time this question has arisen, and it's no surprise--the language is very unclear. Upwork, surely it wouldn't be difficult to change the button text to something clearer?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your suggestion, Tiffany. I'll go ahead and share this with the team for their consideration. 

Adrian, looks like you rejected the client's request and filed a mediation ticket already. The mediation team will reach out to you directly and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths