🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Accept work problems (client's account is in ...
Page options
bishwas-dipen
Community Member

Accept work problems (client's account is in a temporary hold)

I am a new freelancer. I received an invitation to work an hour contract four days ago! But when I go to take a job. I noticed that the client's account is in a temporary hold.
The last time to take the job is on: 08-03-2021. If I can't accept the job, is there any problem with my account?

• Tell us about the solution Plz
3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dipen,

While we can’t share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account. Make sure not to start working on this project until you accept the offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab.

I’ll follow up with our team regarding this case and we’ll reach out to the client as soon as possible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

thank you for your understanding.

kinector
Community Member

Dipen, you can just decline the invitation, there is a button for it. There will be no consequences for doing that. I decline almost all invitations I get.

It would be better if you replied every invitation within 24h as the response speed is tracked by the system. Also, practically, most clients don't wait for 4 days especially if the job is small.

On the other hand, the temporary hold on a client account can be some issue with the credit card, so as mentioned above you should check with the client.

Until their account is in order and the payment method is verified, you can discuss the scope of work, but by no means should you start working. Make sure the contract is started, then only go ahead with the task.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths