Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted invitations to interview, but no response from clients

Ace Contributor
Lexidh S Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
11 of 12

Hermann M wrote:

Same here and the worse ones are from the UW talent Scout - the last one was an invitation for  job offer by an Indian company which pays an average hourly rate of $3.00 which should not be allowed here in the first place - this is slave labour 

Most of the time I wonder if those "Talent Scouts" are real people at all, and not just bots. The lack of realism in their suggestions point to complete lack of understanding anything about what I do for clients here on UpWork, and what I expect to earn from a job. Not ONE of their suggestions has been relevant or midly interesting!

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
12 of 12

Since I got switched over to paid Connects, all of a sudden I am being inundated with (random) invites. I literally get 2/day now - whereas I was down to 2-3/month for about 10 months!

On paper, this sounds good.

BUT: the quality of these invites is poor. Those 3/month were usually targeted invites by serious, well-paying clients. Now I am seeing $5 (real budget) jobs again, clients looking for skills I don't offer, etc. etc. - something I hadn't encountered in a while.

Also new: clients that, despite my accepting their relevant invites, don't get back to me again. Ever. I don't know how many archived candidacies I have but there are loads. That never used to happen when clients initiated contact.

Whatever changed, it doesn't really work. Yet again, it's all about quantity instead of quality...

ETA: and since posting this the invites abruptly stopped coming in. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS