🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Accepting cryptopayments on UpWork
Page options
sayedmohamed66
Community Member

Accepting cryptopayments on UpWork

Is it possible that Upwork Accepts Crypto payments like Bitcoin and ETH Soon? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamed,

We have no updates yet if this will be offered as one of the payment options, but I'll go ahead and share this with the team for consideration. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Mohamed,

We have no updates yet if this will be offered as one of the payment options, but I'll go ahead and share this with the team for consideration. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
diobrln
Community Member

Hello,

Just checking to see if there is any progress in cryptopayments? We lose a lot of money in convertion process, approx 40% is lost so crypto payments would be a cool way to help people with different currency than dollars. Thank you in advance for any reply given.

petra_r
Community Member

Dionysios B wrote:

Just checking to see if there is any progress in cryptopayments? We lose a lot of money in convertion process, approx 40% is lost so crypto payments would be a cool way to help people 

How is 40% "lost"?

I doubt Upwork will support cryptocurrencies until such a time when payment via cryptocurrencies become 100% traceable and transparent.

diobrln
Community Member

Upwork gets 20-10% per project. A dollar is 0,83 of a € at the moment and went down to 0,79 in Trump era.  So yeah, a good 35-40% is lost with all conversions and fees. If there was a cryptocurrency available I might even see my losses in the future. As for cryptocurrency, I am a bit disapointed that a frontliner like Upwork can't grasp the technology behind cryptopayments and instant transactions. As for your comment "until cryptocurrencies become 100% traceable and transparent" they are already traceable and transparent. The only crypto not transparent and traceable are privacy coins like XMR by default. Do you follow the crypto scene?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths