cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting hardware/equipment/material from client. Is it okay according to the rules?

thedcoder
Ace Contributor

Hello everyone Smiley Happy

I have a client who wants to send me some hardware for testing and development. I personally wouldn't mind accepting it from the client as long as I don't pay for it or for it's shipping (not my expense), so this is not a question about avoiding scam Smiley Very Happy

The thing I am worried about is if it is okay with the Upwork folks? Is this against any rules? I have read the rules thoroughly several times previously when I was still a newbie here, I do not recall any mention about accepting physical things, only things related to money.

Does accepting physical items count as paying in material, thus avoiding Upwork's fee cut? I certainly do not think so, but I would be relieved to have a word from the staff Smiley Wink

P.S Obviously accepting valuables like gold or diamonds is fishy and against the rules, I am talking about normal hardware like USB devices.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Damon, 

Keep in mind that you need to agree on a returnable basis but does not mean that you will need to return the item/s. It depends on the client as I have mentioned below (you will have to ensure your client that it will be sent back to them if Requested).

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS