cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied - I'm in the U.S. but still can't apply?

Joshua L Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
1 of 26

I get this message no matter which job I apply for.  My profile has my address, which is in the U.S.  What do I need to do?  Every job I've looked at is for U.S. only, which is what I want.  

Access denied

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post. The client specified location that is outside your current location.

Linda N Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
2 of 26

Hi,

I need help!  I'm being denied access to submitting proposals.  The message states I am not in the preferred location, but I am in the US.  I know someone else is having the same problem..

Leo S Member Since: Aug 4, 2016
3 of 26

I'm having the same problem. I'm also getting an error stating "Job Posting profile cannot be found". UpWork having some DB corruption issues? Not seeing anything on the status page...

Nicholas B Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
4 of 26

When looking for jobs, I keep receiving a message saying I am not located in the preferred area/location for the client. However, I live in the U.S. and have my settings set to such.

Any ideas on what the issue might be or how I can access these listings?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

5 of 26

Hi - I'm in the same boat.  I've been trying to send a couple of proposals today, and I keep getting denied.  I'm in the preferred location.  Help me too!

Joshua L Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
6 of 26

Heh, me too.  I just made a post about this exact same issue.

Steve B Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
7 of 26

Same, Just started having a issue. NY here.

Rocky B Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
8 of 26

Same here in Alabama.

9 of 26

Now it's intermittant.  I was able to submit a proposal, but it's still "glitchy."  (Is that a word??)

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
10 of 26

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out to us to report the issue you are having. We are following up with the team and investigating the problem at the moment.

We appreciate your patience as we are  addressing this.

UPDATE: the issue that caused these errors has already been fixed but please, let us know if you continue seeing errors when applying for US-only jobs.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS