cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied - I'm in the U.S. but still can't apply?

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
11 of 26

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out to us to report the issue you are having. We are following up with the team and investigating the problem at the moment.

We appreciate your patience as we are  addressing this.

UPDATE: the issue that caused these errors has already been fixed but please, let us know if you continue seeing errors when applying for US-only jobs.

Is/was this related to the "no matching searches" issue? I am still having this issue. It's pretty frustrating at this point. Any update? Smiley Happy 

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
12 of 26

Hi Melanie,

Are you referring to the issue in this thread? The issue there has already been resolved, so I'd like to know if you are still experiencing the same issue or if you are referring to something else so we can help.

~Nina
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
13 of 26

@Nina K wrote:

Hi Melanie,

Are you referring to the issue in this thread? The issue there has already been resolved, so I'd like to know if you are still experiencing the same issue or if you are referring to something else so we can help.

I'm sorry, Nina. I thought they were connected. They happened at exactly the same time and were in regards to the feed.

I'll go check that thread.

Joshua L Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
14 of 26

Thank you, it's working now.

Chandi L Member Since: Sep 21, 2018
15 of 26

Still having this issue.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 26

Hi Chandi, 

Before I proceed, could you please check if basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser will resolve the issue? 

If this doesn't work, please send me a link to the job post you were applying for through a private message so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
Anna D Member Since: May 6, 2019
17 of 26

I am getting this too and I am in the U.S.  Sometimes I am in Germany so is it picking up something in my cookies or the server I am on that puts me in the wrong place?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
18 of 26

Hi Anna,

I just checked your account and can confirm that you can apply on US only jobs. Please keep in mind that only freelancers located in US can apply to this type of jobs. If you relocate outside of US you won't be able to send proposals this type of jobs. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Conna C Member Since: May 12, 2018
19 of 26

Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing!

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post. The client specified location that is outside your current location.

Meanwhile, time is ticking by and I cannot apply to jobs that are a great fit!
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
20 of 26

Same here.  See other post "Upwork Bug? ...."

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS