🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Access denied for every post I try to view
Page options
dtbgen
Community Member

Access denied for every post I try to view

Hello Friends,

I have been using Upwork since many years but today when I tried to loginto my account and tried to view some newly posted projects I am continuously getting this error.

Access denied

This job is private and can only be viewed by admitted freelancers.

I want to know is there any change in terms and conditions from upwork or there is some issue with my profile only?

Please get back to me with the solution.

Regards,

Ms. Silky Shah

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silky,

Your profile is accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silky,

I checked your account and can see that you have recently submitted it for the team's review. Please allow up to 48 hours for the review to be complete. Once you are all set, you should be able to start bidding for jobs in the Upwork marketplace.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your message Aleksandar

Will i get email notification that my profile is active again?

I got this email and tried to reactivate my profile

Hi Silky,
We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately.
To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs.
The next time you log into Upwork, your profile will again become public.

Please help me with reactivating my profile. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silky,

Your profile is accepted. Feel free to start bidding on projects. Please check this help article for more information about how to achieve a 100% complete profile and make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dtbgen
Community Member

Hey Bojan,

Thanks, its working fine now.

Will let you know if I face any issue.

Regards,

Silky

zenograph
Community Member

hi, 

I have the same problem:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zeno,

I checked and it looks like only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply to the job post you're referring to. You should be able to view and apply to the job posts showing in Find Work.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same issue as well.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sierra,

Upon checking, you need to update your profile overview and title, to clearly describe any specific skill and experience you might have. Once you finish, please resubmit your profile for review.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
osglobal
Community Member

Hello,

Everything was fine till yesterday, and now

I am continuously getting this error.

Access denied

Why I am getting this notification and can you sort it out for me.

Thanks,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have the same issue. Some projects display the following when clicked: 

Access denied

Please go to our home page.

However, my profile is already 100% complete as should be as stated in your reply. How can I fix this?

Sincerely,

Cheska Lomibao

Hi Cheska,

I would like to clarify that when a job is posted as private, you will not be able to access it unless you're invited by the client. 
Could you clarify if you're seeing this message on all of the jobs on your feed, or only on few of them? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I'm also having a similiar issue. I keep seeing jobs in my Feed but when I lick on them to apply I get this message. 

Access Denied, this job is private and can only be viewed by admitted freelancers.

Please help.

Regards,

Samra Zafar

Hi Samra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job posts you are referring to? Please also add screenshots of the job posts and messages you receive on your end. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Access denied for every post I try to view

Hello

I am tryring to get some job on Upwork  today when I tried to loginto my account and tried to view some newly posted projects I am continuously getting this error.

Access denied

please help me to get some jobs on upwork. I really need a job.

Please get back to me with the solution.

Regards

Mr Imran M Mattu

Hi Imran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and could not replicate the issue. In fact, this isn't an issue or an error at all. Clients may post job listings to which only invited freelancers can submit a proposal.

I suggest you refresh your job feed or refine your search in order to look for jobs that best fit your skillset and experience. Kindly check this help article for more details.

~ AJ
Upwork
fb838131
Community Member

I have the same issue as well.

Hi Nikhil,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that your profile has been accepted. It looks like the image you've shared is for a job that's been posted by a client as private, you will not be able to access it unless you're invited by the client. 

With that said. you should be able to view and apply to the job posts shown on your Find Work page. Let us know if you're experiencing the same error on every job post and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
alicelankri
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. 

It did was some time ago that I last logged in, so now that I have - will my profile automatically go back to being active? Does it take some time to refresh?

Would love to go back into looking on offers. Thanks. 

Hi Alice,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re experiencing? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm getting my access denied for every post I try to view - just as the
original post is mentioning...

Thank you for the confirmation, Alice.

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit a proposal? 

~ Goran
Upwork

Tried just now - it didn't work..

Still getting "Access denied. This job is private and can only be viewed by admitted freelancers."

Thank you for the confirmation, Alice.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m having same issues right now, I can’t view any job postings on my mobile phone. I just cleared my cache but the error still persists.

Hi Olawale,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

I am having the same problem. At first, I thought it was because I was using accessing upwork from my browser so I downloaded the IOS App but I still have the same problem. Please I need some help

Hi Caleb,

Please log in via computer and try to send a proposal. If you`re still experiencing any problems on your end, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. It works fine on my computer but I still have the problems on my phone

Hi Caleb,

Could you please try followin the troubleshooting instructions in this help article? If the problem persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem... can't view the details of the post..

"This job is private and can only be viewed by admitted freelancers".

Hi Ross,

Is this happening on all job posts or just on this one? Could you please send me a private message with the link to the job post you're referring to so I can check?

Please keep in mind that if a client changed the visibility of their job post and you've saved it beforehand, you may still be able to see it but you will not be able to apply. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi, i cant message you either, please see attached message.

as for my concern earlier, i can open other posts, but there are few that i cant open.

Hi Ross,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the job posts you're refering to. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I am also facing this kind of problem. Can you please help me?

Hi Chondra,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to open a job post? If you're still experiencing any problems on your end, please share a screenshot from your end capturing the error. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Im having the same issue: "

Access denied

This job is private and can only be viewed by admitted freelancers.". Where do I submit my profile to be reviewed? I created my upwork account a long time ago, but I am ready to use it and start working now.

Hi Jessika,

Could you please try to use another browser or clear your cache and cookies? Please let us know if you still encounter any issues so we can check further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members