🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Accidentally Closed Account - Please Help
Page options
rhduncan
Community Member

Accidentally Closed Account - Please Help

Hi,

I accidentally closed my account while trying to close a client account. Please help me restore it.

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahel, 

I was able to locate your old account, and will reinstate it for you as requested. To comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, please close this account once your old one is reinstated. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I had this exact thing happen.  How do I reopen my account?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Please send me a PM with the details of your previous account so I can assist you. I'll wait for your message, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahel, 

Your old account is now reinstated. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rhduncan
Community Member

Thank you very much. I will close this account now.

I tried closing this account but it's saying I need to contact support. Could you close it for me?

I have been on Upwork (then Odesk) since 2009. I worked on Odesk for about 4 years but then decided to focus on using Elance and used it up until 2016. However, when the Odesk and Elance merge happened and my Elance account was migrated to Upwork, it turned out that I had duplicate accounts, the one from Odesk and the one from Elance. I tried contacting Upwork to try to merge the two accounts so that I could keep my score, client history, etc., from both accounts but they ended up limiting this account saying (Financial transactions for account have been limited). I tried deleting it with no success. Because of this, I stopped using Upwork all together. But I am back now and want to move forward with the un-limited account.

What I want to know is:

1. Can my history from this limited account (the one I'm sending this with now migrated from Elance) be moved to my original Odesk account after which this limited account be removed from Upwork?

2. If that cannot be done, can someone just help me remove this account? I tried again to remove it but I was told to contact support.

I would love if my history can be moved over to my good account but if not this account being removed completely would work for me too. I just don't want to be in violation of any TOS.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rahel, 

I closed your old account as requested. Unfortunately, we will not be able to merge the history from the old to the new account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members