🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Accidentally Uploaded a Wrong profile picture
Page options
shah_mayank
Community Member

Accidentally Uploaded a Wrong profile picture

have tried everything but while changing the profile picture it shows an error " Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image." .
I have tried everything . The picture i am trying to upload shows my face very well and its a JPG and its not more than 1 MB and also i have tried uploading it after clearing my browser cache , Even then its showing the same error . Now i cant even bid on projects

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37
a_lipsey
Community Member

You mean you accidentally uploaded this**Edited for community guidelines**

Amanda L wrote:

You mean you accidentally uploaded this**Edited for community guidelines**

Don't you hate when that happens? 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Sigh. Why not just be honest and say: I uploaded a stock pic because I thought it would help me win jobs, then found out there's this thing called identity verification, then decided I better upload a real pic of me. At least that would be honest. 

Martina P wrote:

Why not just be honest and say: I uploaded a stock pic because I thought it would help me win jobs, then found out there's this thing called identity verification, then decided I better upload a real pic of me. At least that would be honest. 

Ah, no, this was "accidentally uploading fake pic after passing ID verification with real pic triggering a new ID verification"

JoanneP

Hi Mayank,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already submitted a support ticket. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3fc1f3a6
Community Member

Heyy this happens with me too , and i was not faking at all its a real problem i just accidentally uploaded a random screenshot from my phone can i also get help with this please 🙏

Hi Sandeep,

I can see that your verification is already in progress. Kindly allow more time for the relevant team to review your submission. They will let you know if there's anything that you need to correct. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Mayank S wrote:

Accidentally Uploaded a Wrong profile picture

**Edited for community guidelines**

Mayank S wrote:

Now i cant even bid on projects

Well, Upwork don't appreciate people using fake stuff on their profiles

Community Member

Hello I did the same thing firslty updated a wrong image now I want to update the real one but I am not able to. If you found some solution please guide me too.

I asked for upwork help , they did a videocall and i explained all the
details to them how i accidentally uploaded the wrong profile pic , they
did some verification with my identification card and thats all 👍##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
Community Member

Thank you so much for the help. Just ome more question how did you reach them for help to make you video call like any email or something. I tried but couldn't find any. Please provide me the way too. I am having a good amount as earning and to withdraw I really need to do the verification.

Hi Khushika,

Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time? Let me know if you're still having issues with it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes. I am having the same isse for like 100 times. Whenever I try to do so and click on save the save button turns grey. And yeaah nothing happens

First there will be a Green button on the bottom left like you can see on
the screenshot.
Then a bot will be talking to you , you can select identitity verification,
further you will understand. Its pretty Straightforward. I attached some
screenshots for your help . Thanks

Sorry but I am not able to see your screenshots. I have attached some of my screenshots of the process I followed. Upwork support system is saying to go to identity verification and there I'll find the option to start a video chat. But I cannot find any option like that. Please have a look.

Hi Khushika,

To start or continue the verification, you need to go to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green 'Get Started' or 'Continue' button.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
roberty1y
Community Member

You might have to donate your earnings to the guy whose picture you accidentally uploaded. 

Give me his account number, i am doing it right now

And what if the guy is not alive?

Khushika P wrote:
And what if the guy is not alive?

He looks pretty healthy to me. 

Money transferred 👍 Transactions ID #739462527389 . Thanks for your help
man

Was I supposed to laugh? Sorry but this is not a matter of joke. I am in serious problem. Now they are saying your account is on hold. I did verification but now they have reviewed my profile and saying my picture doesn't match to the face I shown in camera . I am not able to find the way to video chat them. Please help.

Hey , this jokes were not for you it was for that guy who said that money transfer thing. I think you should try once again for a verification, this is the only way , also this time confirm with them on the videocall , ask them to pls ask for whatever proof they want . Ask them to let you upload your new profile pic, the old one was by accident , so there is no point for them to say that your face dont match . Please schedule a new videocall

How to schedule the video call. I am not getting the way to do so. Also during verification an I use adhar card as my I'd because I just turned 18 and don't have any other I'd

Even i showed the aadhar card, There is no seperate way to schedule a vdo call, its the same way you did before . Might be this time you need to wait

Hi Khushika,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Your team member hasn't contacted me. How long I have to wait now? My account is still on hold since 5 days.

Hi Khushika,

I checked with the team and your ID submission is currently under review. Please note they'll get back to you within 24 hours. Sorry for any for how this might've inconvenienced you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1714d9a8
Community Member

I mistakenly uploaded a wrong profile picture. Now I'm getting a notification for identity verify. Please help me out. My profile picture doesn't match with my I'd card. I recently join Upwork & in just few days I've completed my first project. Please it was just by mistake please help me to change my profile picture. Or please help me to contact any Upwork agent I want to talk to them.

Hi Mahnoor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try updating your profile picture now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello sir,

I'm having the same problem too, I uploaded a wrong profile picture different from me, and my account verification is still on review, but I'm not able to change the picture to mine, please help me on this 🙏

Hi Sholeye,

You can try changing your profile photo by going to Setting> My Profile> Click the pencil icon here to edit. Once you are ready to resubmit, you can access your Settings> click the Identity Verification tab to continue.

Don't hesitate to coordinate with the team through the email linked to your case here if you still need further assistance. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Robert Y wrote:

You might have to donate your earnings to the guy whose picture you accidentally uploaded. 

Upwork loyalties 🤣

1714d9a8
Community Member

I mistakenly uploaded a wrong profile picture. Now I'm getting a notification for identity verify. Please help me out. My profile picture doesn't match with my I'd card. I recently join Upwork & in just few days I've completed my first project. Please it was just by mistake please help me to change my profile picture.

c84b2de0
Community Member

I accidentally uploaded the wrong profile picture, and now I'm receiving a notification for identity verification. Unfortunately, my current profile picture doesn't match my ID card. I recently joined Upwork and have already completed my first project within a few days. I kindly request your assistance in changing my profile picture, as this was simply a mistake.

Hi Medina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c84b2de0
Community Member

Please help me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths