🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Accidentally applied with wrong profile
Page options
linoladamusic
Community Member

Accidentally applied with wrong profile

Hello,

I accidentally applied for a job with the wrong profile. Is it possible to change this in my proposal, or is ti too late once I click submit?

Many thanks,

Kristina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina,

You can go to your Find Work > Proposals, find the proposal you are referring to and click on the green 'Change Terms' button. From there, you should see an option to change the profile from which you are submitting the proposal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Kristina M wrote:

I accidentally applied for a job with the wrong profile. Is it possible to change this in my proposal, or is ti too late once I click submit?

You can withdraw and apply again, but that will also cost connects again.

Alexander knew better 😄

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristina,

You can go to your Find Work > Proposals, find the proposal you are referring to and click on the green 'Change Terms' button. From there, you should see an option to change the profile from which you are submitting the proposal.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Oh, great to know... I've done that a few times!

Thanks Aleksandar and Petra,

It seems it was very easy. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past, by changing the terms, you could only change the bid, nothing else. Has it changed over time?

Kristina M wrote:

. Correct me if I am wrong, but in the past, by changing the terms, you could only change the bid, nothing else. Has it changed over time?

It must be relatively new, I've never seen it. But then I've not clicked on that forever lol

What about a job already done?

I've just noticed that one of my contracts shows that I've applied with the wrong profile. could the support help me on this matter or I have to keep in that way from now on?

I've checked the proposals but I can't change the profile I used to apply once the contract is finished already.

That's the best feedback I have so far, I'm so stupid!

Luca F wrote:

I've checked the proposals but I can't change the profile I used to apply once the contract is finished already.

That's the best feedback I have so far, I'm so stupid!

Why would it matter once you're hired? What do you even mean? You know you can "add" contracts to your specialized profile, right?

Just go to Find Work > Profile > click on the specialized profile > click on the edit icon next to work history > select the contract you want to add > scroll down and click on "save"

add contracts.png

It matters since it was a translation job and I'd like to keep organized, I'm fairly knew and every feedback counts.

>You know you can "add" contracts to your specialized profile, right?

If I knew it, would I be asking? 😂
You solved my issue.
Thank you.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members