🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Accidentally click the withdraw button
Page options
jonathanshu
Community Member

Accidentally click the withdraw button

Hi guys
I'm a beginner on Upwork.

I have a problem that I finished the job, and we want to change the terms.
But in the archived , I clicked the wrong button(withdraw), and can't change anything.

Is there any fixing way for this problem?
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan, 

I checked your account and I'm sorry to confirm that there was not contract setup for this client, and it's very likely that you withdrew your proposal, and not the contract. You can only close a contract on your end, as there is no option to withdraw it. 

Your client should have sent you an offer, and you should have accepted it. Once accepted, the active contract will show on your My Jobs page. I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jonathan:

You made some mistakes. But that's okay!

New users make mistakes. What is important is for you to LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

You will probably not be paid for this work.

Because you can not get paid unless you have a contract.

You may communicate with the client and ask him to click the "HIre" button in order to send you a hire offer. Then you can accept the offer, creating an official contract, and then you can get paid.

If the client does NOT hire you officially, then it means you don't get paid for your work.

The good news if that happens is that the work you did belongs to you. You may put it in your portfolio, or sell it, or do anything you want with it.

If a client asks you to do work for him, but doesn't pay you for the work, then the client does not own the work and has no right to use it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths