🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Account Ownership Verification Required
Page options
cecille102391
Community Member

Account Ownership Verification Required

Hi,

I received an email 3 days ago that my Upwork account was temporarily placed on hold. I already sent the required photos and the site said, someone will get back to me within 24 hours. But, it has been 2 days since then and I haven't receive any response and update.

I have an open ticket for this issue but no one responded yet since 2 days ago.

I am worried what happened and I really need reassurance that this issue will be solved as soon as possible because I also have bills to pay.

If someone will walk me through to solve this issue, I would be grateful.

Sincerely,
Cecille E.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cecille,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cecille,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket very soon. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much Aleksandar.

Hi Alex, my name is Laura, I had to create this account for my boyfriend (obviously with legitimate data) to be able to send this message. I need help, your system has detected inconsistencies on my account and has placed a temporary hold until you are able to verify that I am the owner. My email address for the account with which I have the problem is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I thank you in advance for your help, I have already sent the photos you requested. I have work in progress and this delay affects my earnings and my reputation.

Hi Laura,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Please note that sharing accounts and/or having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I understand. I will not do it again. I'll close my boyfriend's account. I
was so desperate! and I needed to communicate with support. In Venezuela
economical situation is really bad. I really apreciatte your attention.

## - Escriba su respuesta arriba de esta línea - ##

I understand. I will not do it again. I'll close my boyfriend's account. I was so desperate! and I needed to communicate with support. In Venezuela economical situation is really bad. I really apreciatte your attention.

Hi Alek! Laura here again, I uploaded a new set of identification photos because the last didn't meet the HD qualifications. I hope those new ones work. I'm still waiting, I had no answer from Upwork about my issue state. I'm so needy, my Upwork e-mail is**Edited for community guidelines**, I promise erase this account (of my boyfriend) after solve this problem. I beg you help.

Hi Laura,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already have an open ticket. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them on your ticket, and the agent will be happy to assist you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
manpreetkor
Community Member

Hi Cecille,

So upwork restart your account on upwork after submitting the documents?

Regards

Hello Manpreet,

The Upwork Team assisted me to retrieve my account and it has been successful.

I think, the Upwork system detected an unusual activity on my account and they immediately secured it.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths